Anyone been out to EE recently?

F
flyfisherman4
I went out today saw several great fish jumping just wish i would have though to bring my float tube!

M
mackrice
where is it?

troutdude
troutdude
Where is E.E. Wilson? A few miles north of Adair Village (i.e. City of Adair). It's a wildlife refuge.

M
michigan_transplant
was there on saturday. didn't catch anything for three hours then they started going nuts on green powerbait with a 6 foot leader. got three and lost a couple others in an hour. all in all it was pretty good.

D
Drew9870
I have heard about Carp in Wilson, is this true? What about the neighboring ponds (I think there are other ponds)?

D
Drew9870
Your google map link takes me to scio and doesn't even pinpoint EE Wilson, simplify it to EE wilson and it will put you on the spot. Not that I needed directions since google maps is as simple as a yahoo search engine, but I am just wondering if Wilson holds Carp, and if the neighboring ponds are public and if they hold carp as well.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
There was someone else on this thread, that wanted to know where it is. I don't know why the map link didn't work correctly.

I don't know if there's any carp or not. I don't fish for them.

You might try calling the guys at E.E. Wilson directly:

E.E. Wilson Wildlife Area
29555 Camp Adair Road
Monmouth, OR 97361
Phone (541) 745-5334

R
rainbowfisherman
There is another pond next to E.E Wilson. I read on here that it doesn't seem to have much fish. If you search E.E Wilson on the search there are a TON of threads

F
flyfisherman4
When do they stock it next

F
flyfisherman4
Thank you! Has anybody ever fished Huddleston pond by Willamina heard it had some nice fish.

M
michigan_transplant
was out at EE today. it was on FIRE. literally couldn't keep the fish of my hook. prolly caught 15 in an hour and a half.

troutdude
troutdude
Cool. I'll bet that was fun.

If you're willing to tell...what was the method to your madness?

M
michigan_transplant
just powerbait off the bottom

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you. And glad you had a good time out there.

I'll be taking a group of boys out there on June 5th. It's an event called Youth Outdoor Day. The place will be swamped w/ 750 kids and their chaperone's. But, there should be fish left in there once that it is over.

B
BigShayne
Went out yesterday morning. Got there just before 8:30 and left at 10:30. I caught three fly fishing off the bank on prince nymph. Saw one or two caught on worms. Every time I go there, I out-fish everyone I see with nymphs. I also threw all three back. There is definitely still fish out there.

B
BigShayne
I went out there again today. Caught seven in 4 hours. The guys down the bank from me were using powerabait under a bobber and got their limit in about an hour and a half.

J
jonyer
It's true...the pond was just stocked this week. I confirmed it w/ ODFW.

Good luck everyone!