Any interest in a carp tournament?

D
Drew9870
Sooooo....... About that tournament......

B
Bad Tuna
Drew9870 said:
Sooooo....... About that tournament......

My bad, June 4-5, 11-12, 18 or July 9-10? I have those dates free. You know that fishery best Drew, pick whatever you think is best

R
RunWithSasquatch
Did we pick a fishery?

B
Bad Tuna
Yes, willamette river and sloughs in Salem area. Boat launch at Wallace marine park.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Drift boat friendly, or do I need a sled? Driftable?

D
Drew9870
June 18th or one of those days in July, I should have my order from Bigcarptackle.com shipped out and recieved by then.

I haven't had any luck for Carp from the dock this year, but I also haven't really tried.

I would say Drift Boat, you have a good chance of bottoming out getting up the actual slough.

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
The slough thats across the river from wallace, along river front park?

D
Drew9870
Yes, but the part that runs along S Commercial.

I have no knowledge on Sleds and Drifters, so since you know the area, you probably know whats best now.

B
Bad Tuna
I've seen bass boats up there in the past. I assume they launched at Wallace.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Yeah, I dont know the area, I just popped it up on googlemaps, but looks like drifter material to me.

D
Drew9870
Bad Tuna said:
I've seen bass boats up there in the past. I assume they launched at Wallace.

I watched a couple flip a little aluminum boat trying to get up that channel, pretty scary, if we get a good dry spell, it will be a bit sketchy running a boat up.

Usually people will unpack at the ''island'' by the acid ball/globe and carry their boat across. But like you said, I have also seen people run bass boats up, the guy who flipped his boat could have done it if he had some experience floating a drift boat or floating down rapids.