Any good lakes for trout near Oakridge?

K
Koils
Hey guys I’m gonna go camping near oakridge in 2 weeks and I see a whole bunch of little lakes in the area and was wondering are any of them good for fishing? I usually fish for trout but anything else I’ll fish for as well. I seen online that there’s brook trout in some of them but which ones are worth the drive and hike? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

troutdude
troutdude
The McKenzie begins by coming out of Clear Lake, which is a bit up the road from Oakridge. But the first lake below Clear is Carmen Reservoir. Both Clear & Carmen hold some brookies. Woolly Buggers in Olive Green or Black are often effective.

Will you be banking it or boating?

Reactions: Aervax
K
Koils
troutdude said:
The McKenzie begins by coming out of Clear Lake, which is a bit up the road from Oakridge. But the first lake below Clear is Carmen Reservoir. Both Clear & Carmen hold some brookies. Woolly Buggers in Olive Green or Black are often effective.

Will you be banking it or boating?
Ok thanks I will be doing a little bit of both

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Also...23 miles SE of Oakridge are Marilyn Lakes, with a fairly easy 20 minute hike to get into. They are just OFF of Hwy. 58; and both feature 'bows and brookies.

Trolling the creek inlets, and in front of the dam, at Hills Creek Reservoir should also produce fish too. I don't believe that Hills Creek contains any Brookies. But it does hold 'bows, cutties, and bulls. FYI It is illegal to retain Bull Trout. ALL Bull trout must be released unharmed. You might also nab some slabs (crappie). Mmm.....lol

@Troutski do you know if there are any brookies in Hills Creek?

S
Sasquatch Shane
Blair lake is a good one for Brook trout. Not large but there are lot of them.

OliverW
OliverW
Checkout crescent lake. We were catching smaller rainbows, but there were schools of 100's that you could see. They are right at the opening of the campgrounds in the area with the structure in the middle of the water. You can see the fish jumping all day long

hobster
hobster
Sasquatch Shane said:
Blair lake is a good one for Brook trout. Not large but there are lot of them.

love Blair lake, camping was not allowed there a couple of weeks ago I heard. Middle fork Willamette is a stream but has some incredible catch and release trout fishing. Can’t skip that if you’re by Oakridge!

Reactions: troutdude and Aervax
U
Utahutes
troutdude said:
Also...23 miles SE of Oakridge are Marilyn Lakes, with a fairly easy 20 minute hike to get into. They are just OFF of Hwy. 58; and both feature 'bows and brookies.

Trolling the creek inlets, and in front of the dam, at Hills Creek Reservoir should also produce fish too. I don't believe that Hills Creek contains any Brookies. But it does hold 'bows, cutties, and bulls. FYI It is illegal to retain Bull Trout. ALL Bull trout must be released unharmed. You might also nab some slabs (crappie). Mmm.....lol

@Troutski do you know if there are any brookies in Hills Creek?
Where is marilyn lake located not familiar thanks

troutdude
troutdude
newfydog said:
Last time I was there the fish were small and few but the mosquitoes were magnificent.

ROTFL!

Reactions: OliverW