Another shot.....

L
lilsalmon
Going for another try at a salmon in the morning.....Got vewy special eggs.......Hopefully I will get my first one. Then I will be fly fishing for SRC's on Saturday.

W
waco
Good luck Rose!! I hope you get a big one!!!

L
lilsalmon
Thanks Waco!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Don't do it, Rose! :yikes: What if, once you fight an enraged monster until your arms ache, win the epic battle and land it to claim the shiny and glorious monster as your very own trophy...what if...you can't tear yourself away to chase puny lil ol trouts again. What if you never look back from this day and leave all the trout to the less worthy opponents such as myself or OnTheFly or bigsteel? :worthy: Will you ever be happy with a 1.1 pound trout after defeating a 32.8 pound salmon? Don't do it. Please. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go get that monster!! :thumb:

P
plumb2fish
Barb is right Rose! There once was a time that I chased trout...that was before salmon....

T
TimberTodd
Go forward and slay the mighty Chinook!! Good luck Rose!

troutdude
troutdude
Your right Barb. Rose is about to step over, and into, the Dark Side (or, with luck, the Bright side). There is NO coming back!!!

But seriously, have a great time out there my friend. Tight lines!

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
wish you the best of luck! trout are fun but nothing like a big nook or winter steelie! stay persistant and it will happen!

M
mikeredding
plumb2fish said:
Barb is right Rose! There once was a time that I chased trout...that was before salmon....

I too have crossed that line and it was well worth it.
I say do it and do it good!!!
Lord help if you ever decide to cross from Salmon to Tuna.
That's the REAL darkside.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I agree, be careful, chasing big salmon can mess up your other fishing plans...our family code name for Chinooks is "Dragons"....as in "are there dragons in the river yet?".

good luck Rose...

F
FishFinger
Get R done Rose, get those silly salmon out of your system, so you can return to catching fish you don't need to check with a Geiger counter to be sure they'er safe.

Fukushima: two and a half years and still leaking into the pacific....

J
JeannaJigs
I put salmon crack in those eggs, so you're pretty much doomed. I used to be content with trout...and look what happened, the trout fishing can be the best ever on the east side but I can't tear myself from the coast until December....

D
danel
Good luck. Have fun!!!

T
troutmasta
Get some Rose!

Fyi- the withdrawls from not getting a salmon fix once its in your system can be paralyzing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I have a really really good feeling that Rose caught a salmon today, maybe even more than one!...:D

troutdude
troutdude
Me too Roger. Not that I've seen any Facebook posts, or anything. LOL

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher said:
Don't do it, Rose! :yikes: What if, once you fight an enraged monster until your arms ache, win the epic battle and land it to claim the shiny and glorious monster as your very own trophy...what if...you can't tear yourself away to chase puny lil ol trouts again. What if you never look back from this day and leave all the trout to the less worthy opponents such as myself or OnTheFly or bigsteel? :worthy: Will you ever be happy with a 1.1 pound trout after defeating a 32.8 pound salmon? Don't do it. Please. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go get that monster!! :thumb:

your too funny Barb....I did get my first salmon today....it was a hoot!!! Put up a nice fight...had to prop the POLE on my arm...was gettin tired. It was a bit dark but it was full of eggs for Jeanna. I had Jeanna's super eggs but I have to admit that the jig is much cleaner and that seemed to be what they wanted. There were a few dark ones caught, a lot of chrome foul-hooked and released and a couple keepers. Some of you may remember Brandon who used to be a member here. I went with him and he was determined to help me get my first. Thanks Brandon!

First Blood
PA151488.jpg

PA151483.jpg

Brandon's dark buck that was released...what a fight he had, though!
PA151479.jpg

It was a great time, but......I will always be a flyfisherwoman chasing trout....

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and comments....tight lines!!!

E
eugene1
Sweet nooks! Even better that Brandon helped ya out! Hope the kid is doing well.

Congrats!

T
troutmasta
Klabluie! Nice Job lilSalmon!
Now you gotta do it on the fly:thumb:

Congrats!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job,Rose!! :thumb: Between Jeanna's eggs, your determination and Brandon's knowledge those poor fish didn't stand a chance. I hope Brandon will return to the forum some day. He looks ten years older than the last time I saw him.