Alsea traps are LOADED with fish!

M
Mike123
Indifisher said:
Mike123 said:
Well uhm Im pretty sure the North Fork's gonna be PACKED with people this weekend. So dont go. Stay home... Not worth it. They're all dark.

So Mike,
Which hole will you be at?:think:

Probably most all of them. Im thinkin 5am... ;)

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
Well uhm Im pretty sure the North Fork's gonna be PACKED with people this weekend. So dont go. Stay home... Not worth it. They're all dark.

Oh and p.s.... about the Peta thing.. Why on earth would a fisherman/woman belong to Peta??? They are against EVERYTHING hunting and or fishing.
Thats by far the weirdest thing I've ever seen... it's hypocritical. :lol:

Dark as chrome? LOL There's some bright fish in the rivers still, it's a screwed year, possibly for the better...except that with it comes combat fishing as we've all been chomping at the bit for the rivers to cooperate.

As far as PETA goes...I don't think there is a single angler alive that belongs to PETA...I could be wrong, but...I doubt there exists such a thing.

K
Kodiak
Alsea Color

Alsea Color

The darker fish coming into the upper streches of the alsea right now are the tail end of the "hatchery broodstock" run. It will lull for about a week, and then the "Native Broodstock" hatchery fish will show up and will run all the way through april. Nasty rumor has it that they started coming just as the rain hit and a couple were caught down at mill creek bridge. These fish are little more aggressive and can be a little larger. If you need metal there is steel in the siletz 24/7/365.

J
jeremymiller
my opinion is his my friends we still have plenty of fishing to come on the alsea! their was a nook in the trap.so is that alate fall fish the last to leave if so the steelies are just getting started.ive heard rumor of a late run

K
Kodiak
The run...

The run...

If you noticed the fish by the hatch were fairly small in size..6-8lbs I'm a guessin. This is typical late hatch broodstock. If you think of them as two seperate runs ( hatchery stock, and naitive stock) you will find the naitive stock probably hanging a little lower..my guess is from the town of alsea down to tidewater. Next little bit of rain and they should be near the hatchery.

S
steelhead_stalkers
The traditional Alsea stock (early returning) were big fish as well. Almost every fish I have landed this year has been 10lbs or larger, a few here and there that were 8lbs. The later returning fish normally do run larger, but in low water years like this, many of the hatchery fish could stay lower in the river and spawn down there :(

Last edited: