Alsea River fishing reports

P
plumb2fish
Yeah, definitely don't go fish the river where the early run of winters the use on most of the coastal streams comes from.....

G
gold_smokie
mahmichael said:
Hellloo again! :D

I can't wait to start fishing the river for winters. When is a good time to start fishing? around Clemens Park area? Is it too early?

Thanks

they been catching steelies on the alsea since december 1st they came in early this year

S
steelhead_stalkers
Its been slow. A few are being caught in the meat hole but even there its been slow. Need another shop of rain.

B
bran_man
Me and Rippin fish lips along with my other friend Mike went and it was DEAD SLOW!!!! We started out below the hatchery and there was about 30 or so other people . only saw one fish landed out of everybody there and it was dark! We decided the crowds were not worth it anymore and went and checked out Clemens park. we found some really nice spots that should have had fish in them, but no fish anywhere!!! :( We fished a solid five hours and no bumps or anything.... water was low and clear too btw and saw no fish. at least everybody (almost) else was getting skunked along with us! Ha ha that place is a zoo!!!

G
gold_smokie
i was there today seen 4 bright fish caught , agree need more rain, also real surprised not many there for it being a weekend

G
gold_smokie
yeah alsea sucks.... dont waste your gas , just buy fish from store cook fish and play cabalas fishing games , dont go to that worthless alsea river.. there is no fish in there lol

B
bran_man
Well me and my friend went again this morning and I, along with everybody else that I talked to got the skunkapotamus!!! No fish hooked for anyone. fished below hatchery and at Clemens . water was a little off color but levels were good for my preference. I'm pretty sure that section of the river is void of fish! Ha ha I have seen some torn out gills alongside the banks, some fresh and some old so I know there is a couple here and there. I thought the run would be pretty solid by now but there is barely any there yet....

hobster
hobster
Bummer about the skunk, the river was rising slowly all day and maybe they weren't biting. I might head up there soon cause the Slaw is 12 ft and rising - i've got the bug - gotta steelhead fish soon!!! Maybe i'll see you up there.

B
bran_man
Yeah I probably won't head back out there for another couple weeks or so until the action gets better. just way to slow to make the trip.... :/

G
gold_smokie
lol yeah alsea sucks no fish in that river , save your money just do yard work or go play golf

B
bran_man
gold_smokie said:
lol yeah alsea sucks no fish in that river , save your money just do yard work or go play golf

Starting to wonder if they are just stacked lower in the river.... ?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Nice! I think I saw you hook that fish. It was a nate? I think you released it if I remember right.

T
Throbbit _Shane
yeah it was a nate. where were u guys?

B
Bgunder
I was up there today too, I think we talked to you and your friend today about that private property BS.....Unfortunately we got skunked which was dissapointing since I have been skunked since last winter :( But enough whining NICE FISH!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Just up river from you in the next hole.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bgunder said:
I was up there today too, I think we talked to you and your friend today about that private property BS.....Unfortunately we got skunked which was dissapointing since I have been skunked since last winter :( But enough whining NICE FISH!
You must of been with the group of three younger guys? My buddy Patrick who is also a member here(Hawg_Slayer) got skunked as well. He had a couple bites on the spinner though.
steelhead_stalkers said:
Just up river from you in the next hole.

Oh ok. Were you there when some up there landed a decent hatchery fish? Looked to be 10lbs from where i was. How did you guys do?

S
steelhead_stalkers
That was us. :D We had a good day playing with fish! Ended up with 7 hookups and took home 4. Lots of fish hanging out.

B
bran_man
Way to go shane! And your first trip there too! Nice work. I'm jealous ha ha. really hope to make up for my 0 for 2 on Thursday sometime very soon.

B
bran_man
steelhead_stalkers said:
That was us. :D We had a good day playing with fish! Ended up with 7 hookups and took home 4. Lots of fish hanging out.

Why can't I be more like you guys!? Ha ha nice work. video?

T
Throbbit _Shane
steelhead_stalkers said:

Might have to try that hole next time! Could you tell it was me down river of you guys?