Alsea River fishing reports

A
AirChief Caster
Fly rod. I change up my flies quite a bit when not much is happening. Took two on small elk hair caddis and the big one fell for the Royal Coachman (this is a go to pattern for me). The traditional SRC flies did not seem to interest them in the slightest but as I said it was an unusually warm morning for 28 Sept and I feel very lucky I got what I did.

M
mahmichael
I'm going to hit Alsea tomorrow probably around Clemens park area for trout. I'll be using lures (spinners, spoons). Do you have any suggestion on what to use? Or even where to go?!! :rolleyes: :pray:

Thanks;)

S
steelhead1
There are lots of small-ish trout around Clemens,may be a few summer steelies hanging around,too. I have caught some nice sized cutts and bows there,but not many. Rooster tails 1/16,and smaller panther martins will get you some action. Lots of crawdad around too. The lower alsea should have some SRC'S hangin' around,look for the deeper pools,preferably with a cooler water creek dumping into them. Be sure to check your reg book carefully, lots of fuzz this time of year! Good luck and let us know how it goes:D

M
mahmichael
Thanks Steelhead1, I was there for a couple of hours. I used spinners mostly. A very small trout grabbed my bluefox and nothing else! Beautiful day and super clear water! :)

A
AirChief Caster
Just saw this, so sorry I didn't respond yesterday. The section of Five rivers to Tidewater is very productive and SRCs should be good fishing until it start raining and really cooling off.

Reactions: mahmichael
F
fisherman97
went up to the aslea last weekend with my brother couple people there caught some and my brother caught one but all were really dark but a good time to catch

C
Combat Chuck
  • 429984_10151205344588522_1461079805_n.jpg
  • 553914_10151208271053522_1043113084_n.jpg
  • 560567_10151206873298522_504892844_n.jpg
  • 431741_10151208385248522_1382942207_n.jpg
M
mahmichael
Hellloo again! :D

I can't wait to start fishing the river for winters. When is a good time to start fishing? around Clemens Park area? Is it too early?

Thanks

madasahab
madasahab
mahmichael said:

I can't wait to start fishing the river for winters. When is a good time to start fishing? around Clemens Park area? Is it too early?

Thanks
Don't waste your time...I was there today and fished from five rivers to the hatchery...nothing...same as everyone...maybe another week or two...

R
rippin fish lips
madasahab said:
Don't waste your time...I was there today and fished from five rivers to the hatchery...nothing...same as everyone...maybe another week or two...

Damn, Really?? Me and Bran man were plannin on hittin it this saturday. there has gotta be some fish? I never fished it before.

C
Combat Chuck
nope, nothing. stay away from there....

T
Throbbit _Shane
Combat Chuck said:

Gonna have to come fish with you Chuck. Got skunked trout fishing a reservoir today lol,.

troutdude
troutdude
Michael, don't believe it. There are bound to be fish in the river; after all of the rain that we have had lately.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Combat Chuck said:

This photo seems.... different from one I saw that was otherwise identical!! Strange.

T
TTFishon
mahmichael said:

Thanks

I heard of 6 so far. 1 on bobber and eggs and 5 on pink spin n glo's.

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
This photo seems.... different from one I saw that was otherwise identical!! Strange.

Im sure you just sitting closer to the monitor....

M
mahmichael
Thank you guys.

TTFishon said:
I heard of 6 so far. 1 on bobber and eggs and 5 on pink spin n glo's.

TTFishon, spin n glo from a boat or bank fishing?!! I don't know how you'd do that from bank!

T
TTFishon
mahmichael said:
Thank you guys.

TTFishon, spin n glo from a boat or bank fishing?!! I don't know how you'd do that from bank!

I'm not 100 percent certain but I'm pretty sure they were fishing from the bank. I'll get back to you with the details after I find out.

Reactions: mahmichael
C
Combat Chuck
drift em like corkies... maybe a little more lead. i like to do that in off color water

Reactions: TTFishon
R
RunWithSasquatch
mahmichael said:
Thank you guys.

You can drift them just like any other drift bobber. Purdy simple from the bank. Not to mention plunking.

Reactions: TTFishon