Alsea post blow-out fishing

D
Dizle
I might be there tomorrow

F
flytrekker1007
I fished the Alsea Saturday and the water was perfect in the morning until the typhoon rolled in and blew it out. It usually takes a day for the river to get back into shape as long as weather permits it to. We planned to fish on Sunday but the water was way to muddy. If I didn't have a job i'd be there fishing it tomorrow for the whole week. Fishing still wasn't that great, but we caught a few.

I
I3acon
Nice job man. I was out there today and it was over six feet. Talked to the guy checking licenses and he said it would be up to seven feet by tonight. I still tried but it was pointless. Hope it clears up soon.

J
jd15
I was out there saturday saw 5 landed lost one myself was a very slow day not very many fish moving through

S
steelhead_stalkers
Meat hole?

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_stalkers said:
Meat hole?

Of course they were fishing at the meat hole..

F
flytrekker1007
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Of course they were fishing at the meat hole..

Why do you say that? He could have been fishing anywhere. Personally I wasn't at the meat hole, and no I won't tell you where I was fishing.

O
OnTheDrop
flytrekker1007 said:
Why do you say that? He could have been fishing anywhere. Personally I wasn't at the meat hole, and no I won't tell you where I was fishing.

You're right, my apologies. Just most ppl who chase reports on here fish in or around the meat hole by the Hatchery. I pop in on occasion if I'm on my way out and no one is there for a cast or two.

I wouldn't expect a fly guy like yourself to be in or around the meat hole.

Cheers,

Reactions: fishinmachine
S
steelhead_stalkers
Actually, the stretch below the mean hole seems to be a very popular area for fly fisherman.

F
flytrekker1007
I fish every method I know of. I'm not some fly purist, and I don't claim to be. I fish everywhere, granted I hate fishing close to hatcheries but some people like to and that's fine. I'm all about catching steelhead in whatever fashion I choose.
I'm not a fly guy, I'm a steelhead fisherman.

H
Herefishyfishy
flytrekker1007 said:
I'm not a fly guy, I'm a steelhead fisherman.

Awesome quote!

O
OnTheDrop
Touché.

Your signature and username had me confused.

Good luck out there,

F
flytrekker1007
Haha, my buddy owns bigyfly co and I guess I should change my user name to fly/gear trekker.