Alsea memorial day fishing!

T
Thuggin4Life
Its funny i just giot a pm with only the regs and the regs didn't even mention the trout regs. I dont care if you break the law but if you show pics of you doing it(if you did) dont be mad that someone told you the regs. ther eis a reason the give out reg books for free. no way a trout ticket is that much trust me. salmon poaching tickets arent even that much. anyone who buys a pellet head is a sucker. as for me if i was to break a major law i wouldn't be telling you guys about it. i will say i will be at lookout tomoorow night drinking an operating my boat. come find me. its a big lake.

Reactions: Drew9870 and brandon4455
M
michigan_transplant
brandon4455 said:
ok, this thread has steam comin out my nose and ears, and head is red. so ill write one final post to voice my opinion. do i think it's wrong to keep native resident and sea run cutthroat trout? yes i do. Why? whats the point of keeping a native trout when you can go to a lake and catch some stockers? if your catching a decent quality stocker that isn't full over pb theres no difference in taste and your not impacting a native fishery. theres a reason i dont name the waters i fish to people who keep a ton of fish. because ive seen whole stretches of streams ruined and in a span of 4 years watched a reservoir loaded with big trophy 15-22 inch cutthroat get completely destoryed when word of it's location got out to catch and keep fisherman. the first year i fished it the fish were big healthy and fighters and now, there are all smaller fish and there are not nearly as many as there use to be. yes, sometime removing certain fish from a system is good, but not cutthroat. i know some of you disagree with what im saying and will of course "bash" on me but it doesn't bother me, everyone has there own opinion of whats right and wrong. theres the people that fish to eat, and people who fish because they enjoy the sport. and were not a-holes, we just care about the fish

calm down man. im saying why's everyone "bashing" on this guy when for all you know he did have his daughters with him. we're not the cops of the river. just have fun and fish. i myself work my ass off and don't have much to show for it in the bank. if im to catch some trout and bring them home (legally) and put some protein on the table then who cares. not to be the old guy here but one day you'll understand what i'm talking about.

D
Drew9870
Thuggin4Life said:
Its funny i just giot a pm with only the regs and the regs didn't even mention the trout regs. I dont care if you break the law but if you show pics of you doing it(if you did) dont be mad that someone told you the regs. ther eis a reason the give out reg books for free.

Watch out Andy, anyone who points out something about the regs is totally against the act commited and according to bozman, we are a**holes for watching out for each other and the fish at the same time ;).

''Oh, sorry officer, I thought the limit on these was 5, let me just pull this string out of their lungs....." Imagine if that was the scenario on the next trip hadn't you looked for ''this 2 fish limit GD was talking about'', I'd say these a**holes you are referring to are not against you, but actually trying to save you a ticket.

As for you Michigan Tranplant, well, just like that tweety bird we always seem to hear while fishin but just can't sight it :lol:.

M
michigan_transplant
Drew9870 said:
Watch out Andy, anyone who points out something about the regs is totally against the act commited and according to bozman, we are a**holes for watching out for each other and the fish at the same time ;).

''Oh, sorry officer, I thought the limit on these was 5, let me just pull this string out of their lungs....." Imagine if that was the scenario on the next trip hadn't you looked for ''this 2 fish limit GD was talking about'', I'd say these a**holes you are referring to are not against you, but actually trying to save you a ticket.

As for you Michigan Tranplant, well, just like that tweety bird we always seem to hear while fishin but just can't sight it :lol:.

i have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

G
GDBrown
Mad dog said:
Why are you so nosey??? You a cop or something? :think:

No! I just don't want anyone to unknowingly find themselves having to explain why they have more fish than allowed! It took me years to finally figure out how to read the Oregon Regs. It's confusing unless you understand them.

1. Statewide Rules
2. Zone Rules
3. River/lake Rules
4. Special Rules

I was trying my best to say you have a bunch of nice fish there, but you should know something and I'm not sure you do! And since this was all taken the wrong direction I will point out one more thing that most Forum members may not know. If you take your children with you the fish they catch are counted on your limit unless they have a Youth Under 14 Angling License which is free. See page 5 of Statewide Regulations.

OFF members are about helping, not flaming,
GD

PS. I just gave dabigbozman some rep for taking his daughters fishing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drew9870
C
chris61182
GDBrown said:
And since this was all taken the wrong direction I will point out one more thing that most Forum members may not know. If you take your children with you the fish they catch are counted on your limit unless they have a Youth Under 14 Angling License which is free. See page 5 of Statewide Regulations.

For what it's worth I can find nothing supporting that claim. The "Youth Under 14 Angling License" is only a precursor to getting the Combined Angling tag, which they do need to even angle for those fish, no other reference to it exists in the regs.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:

iAs for you Michigan Tranplant, well, just like that tweety bird we always seem to hear while fishin but just can't sight it :lol:.

if only i could give you and gene more rep hahaha. well said drew

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
Youth License

Youth License

chris61182 said:
For what it's worth I can find nothing supporting that claim. The "Youth Under 14 Angling License" is only a precursor to getting the Combined Angling tag, which they do need to even angle for those fish, no other reference to it exists in the regs.

You are right in that there is no other mention of it. I have talked to a ODFW Officer in the field who told me that children's fish are included in the limit of the adult who is with them. That being said I have also previously stated that I have know of Officers who are not as familiar with the regs as you would think they should be.

GD

M
Mad dog
chris61182 said:

EXACTLY!!! that or a shellfish license, youth 13 or younger do NOT need a license for trout.

Well,well,well....here we are....pretty much got a bunch of hillbilies that don't know the regs, don't understand the regs, stirring up a bunch of crap because a guy post a pic of 5 fish. I see that all the time on this forum....bottom line is the complainers usually have the regs wrong and it usually involves trout. :rolleyes:

GD, I guess the appropriate response would have been something along the line of "Nice fish Bozman!"

Your reponse sounded more like an interogation to me!

G
GDBrown
Sorry, it was not intended or taken that way. DaBigBozman and I have PM'ed each other and are clear on what was intended. If the rest of you don't like or agree with our opinions that is fine.

Everyone has a right to there own opinion, Only ODFW knows the truth and they can't explain it very clearly.

GD

brandon4455
brandon4455
Mad dog said:
EXACTLY!!! that or a shellfish license, youth 13 or younger do NOT need a license for trout.

Well,well,well....here we are....pretty much got a bunch of hillbilies that don't know the regs, don't understand the regs, stirring up a bunch of crap because a guy post a pic of 5 fish. I see that all the time on this forum....bottom line is the complainers usually have the regs wrong and it usually involves trout. :rolleyes:

GD, I guess the appropriate response would have been something along the line of "Nice fish Bozman!"

Your reponse sounded more like an interogation to me!

you know, i have a bunch of respect for you but coming out and calling people hillbillies due to a regulation confusion is down right disrespectful. if i am correct this was directed towards GDbrown? i'm pretty sure he was spot on with the regs. :think: there has to be someone to question why someone posts pics of that many fish but doesn't mention kids were with him until he is questioned about the amount of fish kept. :rolleyes:

G
GDBrown
If we keep this going there will be a Cabela's card in it for someone. :lol:

Reactions: brandon4455
M
Mad dog
brandon4455 said:
you know, i have a bunch of respect for you but coming out and calling people hillbillies due to a regulation confusion is down right disrespectful. if i am correct this was directed towards GDbrown? i'm pretty sure he was spot on with the regs. :think: there has to be someone to question why someone posts pics of that many fish but doesn't mention kids were with him until he is questioned about the amount of fish kept. :rolleyes:

I thought you were done with this post???

OK, Hillbillie is probably an inappropriate term....Ignorant might be a better choice in this situtaion!

M
Mad dog
Right here in the General statewide regs....All persons 14 years of age and older must have in possession....blah,blah,blah....you guys can read the rest for yourselves....Not that you will understand it! :lol:

3. All persons 14 years or older must have in possession a valid Oregon angling license to angle for or take or assist another in angling
for or taking of any fish for personal use, except:
• During “Free Fishing Weekend” (June 11-12, 2011) when no license or tag is required;
• When taking smelt, crayfish, or bullfrogs;
• Oregon resident landowners and members of their immediate family may angle for fish on land they own and reside upon;
• When angling in the Pacific Ocean within 3 miles of shore between Cape Falcon, Oregon and Leadbetter Point, Washington
either a resident Washington license or an Oregon license is valid. Persons other than Washington residents must have a valid
Oregon license to land fish in Oregon which were caught in the ocean.

N
NavyBTret
I talked to a state trooper about this subject when I wanted to take my daughters fishing earlier this year. What he stated is also confirmed by the regs on pages 5 and 6. Youths under 14 are not required to have a license unless they are fishing for salmon, steelhead, sturgeon or halibut. Then they need the free youth license and $8.50 juvenile harvest tag. A youths catch does not count against the accompanying adults limit.
I hope this clears up some of the confusion on this issue.

brandon4455
brandon4455
GDBrown said:
If we keep this going there will be a Cabela's card in it for someone. :lol:

:lol: you get rep for that gene

Reactions: bigsteel and michigan_transplant
R
RunWithSasquatch
Im a hillbilly.

Reactions: Drew9870
brandon4455
brandon4455
RunWithSasquatch said:
Im a hillbilly.

i'm a redneck..idk if thats the same thing or not. but i like my flannel and camo :lol:

L
lilsalmon
Gotta love the hillbillies too......what was this thread about anyway? hehe

BTW...not all hillbillies are ignorant. They just act that way out of respect for the ones that think they are ignorant, so they can still feel superior....just sayin

Last edited:
Reactions: brandon4455
X
xltom
dabigbozman said:
I hope I never run into any of the assholes on this forum :(

Dude! this sucks. Bozman, don't worry about anyone here who's trying to earn a merit badge or something. There are a lot of people here who want nothing more than to help ya find some better fishing AND I've met a bunch in person who were very kind and fun to hang with too.

If someone doesn't know a regulation or makes a mistake while fishing..... let's try to help without being judgemental and accusational... especially new members. I personally have no idea how to read the regs and rely mostly on friends from here who are familiar with the area.

If you're gonna call someone a liar(about his daughters) you should probably be ready to back it up with some proof. Dems fightin words!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: michigan_transplant