Advice on fishing Brian Booth State Park or nearby

T
Trouter
Hello all,
I've been lurking and trying to learn as much as I can from old threads. I am not new to fishing in General but I am new to trout. I have not had much luck in the Alpine lakes around hood so far. I think there are quite of few of us new trout fishers this year.

I will be spending the long weekend near Seal rock. I have spinning rods and can nearly fish any method with them.

Are there trout this time of year nearby? (esp the Brian both state parks)

If there are, any advice on location and bait/presentation?

I am willing to drive if there is a better location within a hour.

Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
C_Run
I have fished there a few times in years past and caught sea run cutthroat on small spinners and spoons. I even caught a coho there once when it was legal to retain wild ones. So,it IS fishy. There is some bank access from the trails and road. A kayak is very useful there. The limit is 2 and bait is not allowed.
C_Run
C_Run
I have fished there a few times in years past and caught sea run cutthroat on small spinners and spoons. I even caught a coho there once when it was legal to retain wild ones. So,it IS fishy. There is some bank access from the trails and road. A kayak is very useful there. The limit is 2 and bait is not allowed.

Reactions: troutdude and Trouter
Solution
T
Trouter
C_Run said:
Can you recommend the lower (ona beach) or upper (beaver creak) ? Or does it matter?

C_Run
C_Run
Trouter said:
Can you recommend the lower (ona beach) or upper (beaver creak) ? Or does it matter?
I can't remember the lay of the land. You probably need to skip around. I think if you take the trail from the visitor center, you might get a bit more bank access. I remember there is a lot of tall grass and brush. There are also some spots where the trail or road go close to the creek and you could get some access. Check the regulations, too. I recall something about not fishing below 101 but maybe that was just for salmon.

Reactions: Trouter
T
Trouter
C_Run said:
I can't remember the lay of the land. You probably need to skip around. I think if you take the trail from the visitor center, you might get a bit more bank access. I remember there is a lot of tall grass and brush. There are also some spots where the trail or road go close to the creek and you could get some access. Check the regulations, too. I recall something about not fishing below 101 but maybe that was just for salmon.
Thanks for the advise! I'll look into the regulations. I wasn't planning on below the 101 anyways.
-Cheers

C_Run
C_Run
Then there's the Alsea which hs miles of opportunity.

Reactions: Trouter
T
Trouter
C_Run said:
Then there's the Alsea which hs miles of opportunity.
If I am not getting bites on the beaver Alsea it is.

T
Trouter
For anyone who might happen across this is a search.

I was successful and caught maybe 20 total fish over 2 sessions. I kept and cooked two very delicious pink fleshed sea-run cutts.
Fished early in the morning and bites died off around 10 am (the sun was starting to come out) both days. I was getting bites a variety of spinners but caught most on a black and yellow 1/4 panther martin. Hooked something large on a gold kastmaster but it shook loose to soon to be identified.

Edit added photo: Knife is 14" for scale.

20200907_100736.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
If there's no picture it didn't happen. :)

T
Trouter
Admin said:
If there's no picture it didn't happen. :)
I am not photographer heh... but added one.

Reactions: Admin
C_Run
C_Run
So this was Beaver Cr. from the bank? Congratulations!

T
Trouter
C_Run said:
So this was Beaver Cr. from the bank? Congratulations!
Yep. Trail through the marsh to the banks of beaver.