Access to E Faraday Rd.

C
ChezJfrey
I have not been to Faraday Lake in nearly 30 years. I'm thinking of taking my 3 kids to Faraday Lake for the supposed week-of-8/23 stocking (it is listed on the web site) as a nice intro to fishing, but in a phone call to the OFDW stocking line, Faraday was neither mentioned in the scheduled stockings, nor the confirmations.

If it was deleted from the schedule this week, the next option might be North Fork, so my question is whether North Fork is accessible via E Faraday Rd heading from Faraday Lake? Or must one take Hwy. 224? I'd like to be near the log bridges and it would seem more convenient to take E Faraday Rd., but I saw a post in the North Fork forum that there is some sort of gate that people take from the parking lot. This leads me to believe that the gate is on E Faraday Rd. and people walk that, rather than drive?

Thanks in advance for any help.

W
waco
are you thinking of taking your kids tomorrow? because today it was no acces to faraday i dont know why!! and dont know if tomorrow will be closed too!!

W
waco
and there is no way to north fork via faraday you must to take 224

W
wozniasm
ChezJfrey said:
I have not been to Faraday Lake in nearly 30 years. I'm thinking of taking my 3 kids to Faraday Lake for the supposed week-of-8/23 stocking (it is listed on the web site) as a nice intro to fishing, but in a phone call to the OFDW stocking line, Faraday was neither mentioned in the scheduled stockings, nor the confirmations.

If it was deleted from the schedule this week, the next option might be North Fork, so my question is whether North Fork is accessible via E Faraday Rd heading from Faraday Lake? Or must one take Hwy. 224? I'd like to be near the log bridges and it would seem more convenient to take E Faraday Rd., but I saw a post in the North Fork forum that there is some sort of gate that people take from the parking lot. This leads me to believe that the gate is on E Faraday Rd. and people walk that, rather than drive?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You cannot access Faraday Road unless you're an employee of PGE. To get where you are talking about, you need to take 224 to the North Fork Reservoir boat ramp (just past Mile Marker 28), park then walk down. You can also park at Faraday Lake and walk that way. I prefer to park at North Fork Reservoir for two reasons - vehicle security and if they aren't biting, you can walk back to the boat ramp at North Fork Reservoir.

L
loubob
Last time i was there, you park and waljk across a bridge to get to Faraday.
Lots of glass pieces in the parking lot and undesirables in the area.