A wee little steelhead....

B
bigfootfish
Caught this wee little steelhead yesterday on the Willamette, of all places. My first steelie out of the Willy. On a marshmellon.






BFF
 
Nice fish! Where at on the willy if you would like to share?
 
:clap::clap:Thats a beautiful Steelie! Good job man!:clap::clap:
 
Thanks people! Where you ask did I catch this small steelie? I wasn't even trying to catch a steelhead. I was trying out a new pole and wham chung! fish on! Where was at Hyak Park off Hwy. 20 off the boat ramp. What really surprised me was hookin' it in the Willy just upstream from Albany. I didn't think there would be any steelies down that low still. Glad it was fin-clipped!

BFF
 
when you least expect it whamo! great job!
 
bigfootfish said:
Thanks people! Where you ask did I catch this small steelie? I wasn't even trying to catch a steelhead. I was trying out a new pole and wham chung! fish on! Where was at Hyak Park off Hwy. 20 off the boat ramp. What really surprised me was hookin' it in the Willy just upstream from Albany. I didn't think there would be any steelies down that low still. Glad it was fin-clipped!

BFF

Nice fish! Very odd indeed. I think even if it was a high finner, you can keep them this time of year. At least on the South Santiam you can.
 
Nice fish!
 
whats marshmellon??
 
Outdoor_Myers said:
when you least expect it whamo! great job!

Yeah, that's for sure. I like those kinda surprises.

BFF
 
waco said:
whats marshmellon??

Oh! lol! That's an old Star Trek joke. Obscure!!

BFF
 
Mike123 said:
Nice fish! Very odd indeed. I think even if it was a high finner, you can keep them this time of year. At least on the South Santiam you can.

Yeah, well, the Sports Reg.s say this about that stretch of the Willy:

3. Hwy 20 bridge located at Albany
upstream to Hwy 99 bridge at
Harrisburg and tributaries except for
the Calapooia system. (See listings
for the Marys, Long Tom, Frazier and
Muddy Creek systems.)
• See Health Advisory on page 18.
• Open for adipose fin-clipped Chinook salmon and adipose fin-clipped steelhead entire
year in the mainstem.

BFF
 
OMG!!! I'm on the front page!!

BFF
 

Similar threads

largefin
Replies
8
Views
3K
Chromatose
Chromatose
EOBOY
Replies
6
Views
10K
Chromatose
Chromatose
plumbertom
Replies
1
Views
419
troutdude
troutdude
bass
Replies
3
Views
114
troutdude
troutdude
Senkosam
Replies
7
Views
556
copperjohn
copperjohn
Back
Top Bottom