6 for 9 in 5 Hours

P
Phil_Bud
Went out today and I think everyone else thought it would be raining on the upper Rogue because I didn't lay eye on a single other boat all day, had the whole river to myself. Only a couple bank anglers in the upper holes too, left the holes wide open for me. 6 for 9 on the day with some awesome fish that hit the net, all steelhead. One was over 10 lbs and my client Matt got himself a custom Phil Tripp's Guide Service Pen. Check these beautiful Rogue River summer steelies out. Enjoy OFF!

• Nice Native Buck.jpg
  • Fish 2.jpg
  • Fish 3 buck.jpg
  • Dinner Fish.jpg
  • Bright hen.jpg
jamisonace
jamisonace
Sounds like a perfect day. I stayed home from fishing today because I thought it was going to rain in Eugene.

B
bran_man
Looks like a great day to me! Nice work. just an observation, but seems like generally the average cookie cutter steelhead seem to be on the smaller side down there. like 4-6 pounders? Which is fine! :) Just noticed most of the steel pics I see from the rogue they tend to be on the smaller side. I know they obviously range, but just in general....

S
steelhead_slayer
Your sure getting into the fish

C
collegekidusa
Good Job, what a nice day!!! :clap: :dance: :clap:

S
steelhead_stalkers
The Rogue has a half-pounder run so a lot of steelhead come back after only a year in the salt and then when they go back out return as adults they average smaller in size. Its the same on the Klamath River that has a half-pounder run. It seems like on the Rogue you either catch a 4 pounder or 10 pounder. :D

B
bran_man
Oh ok that makes a lot more sense now

P
Phil_Bud
bran_man said:
Looks like a great day to me! Nice work. just an observation, but seems like generally the average cookie cutter steelhead seem to be on the smaller side down there. like 4-6 pounders? Which is fine! :) Just noticed most of the steel pics I see from the rogue they tend to be on the smaller side. I know they obviously range, but just in general....
Yeah I think you're right, especially the hatchery summer run steelhead. They average is 4 to 7 pounds but we get a lot of fish larger than that too.The Natives are usually the bigger and better looking fish we get. 3 nates to 1 hatchery down here. The winter fish come larger especially fishing below the Applegate River.

T
the salmon kid
nice fish