29 pound brooder in Timber Linn Pond

C
Combat Chuck
Just heard that it came floating up and its on the shore right now. I asked to be sent a picture.

troutdude
troutdude
I haven't seen any proof yet either, that it is deceased.

C'mon, let's see the pic!

D
DontTaxMeBro
troutdude said:
I haven't seen any proof yet either, that it is deceased.

C'mon, let's see the pic!

I have 3 pics of the "Brooder" dead, on the grass at TimberLinn...will post shortly.

T
TTFishon
DontTaxMeBro said:
I have 3 pics of the "Brooder" dead, on the grass at TimberLinn...will post shortly.

Shortly has been long overdue now. Pics we want pics.

troutdude
troutdude
Funny...was just thinking the same thing.

It's got to all be a ploy, so no one else goes after it! It's not a good policy to play tricks on others. Those kind of things have a way of biting you in the end <pun intended>.

B
Bass Ackwards
troutdude said:
Funny...was just thinking the same thing.

It's got to all be a ploy, so no one else goes after it! It's not a good policy to play tricks on others. Those kind of things have a way of biting you in the end <pun intended>.

Ur trippin'. Go ahead and try for the big one then. I really hope you catch it!!

Z
ZeeBorn
That's one ugly fish. Can brooders even be counted for records. Seems a little cheep. Raise a fish in captivity, getting it fat on pellet food, and then toss it in some pond and call it a record fish...lame. I say record fish should have to grow up in the wild, as a testament to what our Oregon fish habitats are capable of producing.
-Nate

T
the_intimidator03
Well zeeborn, there isn't a real way of being able to tell a brooder apart from a wild really as the brooders dont get fin clipped to my knowledge.

T
Throbbit _Shane
They dont clip every hatchery fish...

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
Well zeeborn, there isn't a real way of being able to tell a brooder apart from a wild really as the brooders dont get fin clipped to my knowledge.

Honesty is one way to tell.

F
Finneus Polebender
Im with TT hope some kid catches the beast . One thing that seems a bit odd and scewed to me is in the artical I read that if caught the fish would be a state record. After being hand fed capptive raised and protected its entire life isn't that more like grow your own state record? I dont know sure seems like it would have a n unfair advantage over any wild fish. None the less who ever gets a shot at the beast should probably have no doubt after the first hit which fish they have on at timberlinn, 29lbs thing prob dont even look real!!!!! one fat trout. even if half dead its a big log!

N
nwkiller
well if it did die on the bank, what a waste, they should have planted it and had a kids tourney until it got caught, then we wouldnt have to worry about hoaxes and mis leads, but man that pic looks real and that is a monster of a trout next to the guys shoe, we all know pics never do justice....if your questioning it......go fish for it...... and besides an osprey could defently inflick life threatining injuries, and if not an osprey a bald eagle could, all it would take was one miss-catch and then it probably didn't swim or eat for a matter of time, lost some weight then on the bank lost alittle more...like i said if u dont believe it was caught...go catch it!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
Have to look again missed pic. should be caught by some one a bit lrg even for a full grown eagle , besides theyd just wait till it croaks . Not familiar with the water there do not want to be critical but most dont survive long in the ponds they stock down here between fishermen ,birds ,and scavengers they kinda seem to dissapear in that order .

Last edited: