2022 license

Casting Call

Casting Call

New England population 14.8 million of 2021 vs Oregon population of 4.25 million of 2021. It sure would be dumb if Oregon did. Even if only 2% buy licenses. Tony

TheKnigit

TheKnigit

That is an awesome gesture @Casting Call!

To the original topic. I am a combination of the two mindsets that seem to have been voiced currently. I just finished purchasing my Sports pack. I tend to dabble in a little bit of everything ODFW has to offer so it makes sense for me. It doesn't take long to add up the cost of a combination license, bird validations, a spring turkey, deer and elk tags to add up. I think the prices are ridiculous and way to high for resident sportsman. Especially with how ODFW has handled some of our fish and wildlife issues and populations.

That being said.......hunting and fishing are both huge passions. I love the experiences, memories made, and the food when I actually connect. The excitement of my two boys alone is well worth the price.

I run paper tags as I am technologically inept and barely know how to use my phone. They are easier for me and I don't have to worry about keeping a phone charged.

B

Banjo

I think a basic course in sales and marketing would help the ODFW do better in license sales.
They raise the price so fewer people buy licenses, so they raise the price to make up for the shortfall and fewer people buy a license. It's the definition of insanity.
Lower the price to where people will buy a license "just in case" they decide they want to go fishing. Give them a break on tags if they buy them with their license. Why buy a salmon tag with your license if you are not sure you're going to go and the cost is the same? Knock $5 or $10 off the tag price when purchased with my license and I'm more willing to roll the dice and have more incentive to go salmon fishing since I already have the tag. I've given up on deer and elk hunting. They've made it next to impossible to hunt where you want when you want...

jamisonace

jamisonace

Exactly.....I have 4 other people in my family that MIGHT go fishing this year. We used to buy everyone licenses for Christmas but not anymore. I buy me a license and we wait to see what else people want to do. They usually just end up getting a shellfish license because it doesn't make sense to get them a license and tag for a day or two of fishing. They just aren't that interested. If I could get my entire family licenses and tags for around $200 I'd do it but it costs in the neighborhood of $400. I still get one for my youngest and then bribe her to come be a second rod in my boat when I'm fall chinook fishing on the Umpqua. After giving her $10 every time to come with me so we can catch a second fish I probably get close to the $400 anyway but at least it goes to her and not OR.

TheKnigit

TheKnigit

I haven't hit the point where I am buying license for my kids as they are all 4 and under....my bank account is not looking forward to that day.

Casting Call

Casting Call

Exactly.....I have 4 other people in my family that MIGHT go fishing this year. We used to buy everyone licenses for Christmas but not anymore. I buy me a license and we wait to see what else people want to do. They usually just end up getting a shellfish license because it doesn't make sense to get them a license and tag for a day or two of fishing. They just aren't that interested. If I could get my entire family licenses and tags for around $200 I'd do it but it costs in the neighborhood of $400. I still get one for my youngest and then bribe her to come be a second rod in my boat when I'm fall chinook fishing on the Umpqua. After giving her $10 every time to come with me so we can catch a second fish I probably get close to the $400 anyway but at least it goes to her and not OR.
WOW! cheap second rod license for all year. To use others, license by way of bribery $$$ is poaching second hand? I might try that! I just hope I don't have to go in front of a judge. Tony LOL

Top Bottom