2012 Jan report

B
Bassdad54
Took my boat out to Freeway Lake to basically run the boat motor today around noon.Water Temps were 42.7 -43.5 1st Lake is clearing up and the 2nd and 3rd lake are little muddier.Threw a suspending jerk bait in few places also tried a black jig.wasn't out to long maybe an hour.Couldnt get any takers on the baits but didn't try real hard.Was fun just to get out on a lake.Need to go out again real soon and run the boat at faster speed for a nice warm up.Freewway only a 10mph lake so need to hit either Foster or GP or Triangle Lake they are all about same time to get to.Want to try and get a Jan bass since I missed getting out for a Dec bass.

Reactions: Raincatcher
T
tomriker
i had one right up to the boat the other day but ened up losing him :( whens your guys first tournament?

B
Bassdad54
We are in process of finalize the schedule.We will annouce at our Banquet this sat nite the 14th and then I can let you know the dates.I know it will be at Green peter in march as that is where we seem to alway start out the year.This has been the club traditon for quite a while.There is a nice Open tournament that Emerald bass club out of Eugene put on every year at TenMile called Frostbite open on Feb 18th 2012. it draw 35-45 boat sometimes.

T
tomriker
sounds like a good time. i probably wont get to fish much this spawn since my wife is due end of march, hopefully it's an early spawn so i can get a month of fishin' in before the baby gets here :)

B
Bassdad54
Ya I kinda figured you will be very busy very soon.End of March will be exciting for you....It certainly has been fun being a Grandpa to my first new grandson..Few more years me and him and his daddy will be going out fishing for them bass together...