2 rod license allowed in bays?

PK Yi
PK Yi
does the 2 rod license apply to estuaries/bays?

(I thought I read that it's not allowed in ocean.. which I'm guessin is open ocean. but was hoping that bays are OK)

B
bran_man
As far as I know, no. It will say specifically under each location though for each system. Usually the 2 rod allowance (just based off my own experience) are normally in still body waters. Could be wrong though just check in the synopsis under the specific bay you were wondering about :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
here is exact wording from the 2014 permanent regs. page 10:
----------
General Restrictions:
The following activities are unlawful:
1. Use of more than one rod or one line when angling for any fish except:
a. A person with a current Two-Rod Validation may use two rods or lines when angling on standing water bodies which include
lakes, ponds, and reservoirs but exclude reservoirs on the Columbia River and the Snake River below Hells Canyon Dam.
Seasonal or permanent backwaters and sloughs of rivers, streams or creeks and bays, estuaries and ocean waters are also
excluded from the Two-Rod Validation.
See exceptions in Special Regulations which prohibit Two-Rod angling in coastal
lakes during wild coho salmon seasons
---------

E
eugene1
bran has it right, unless they changed the regs for 2014, two rods only allowed in lakes/reservoirs without anadromous fish. Check the regs for yourself though and don't rely on internet people!

The first year it became available, I picked it up in anticipation of Siltcoos coho, but later they clarified the use of two rods and Siltcoos was out (for coho). I did get to use two rods for kokes though, which was not a bad deal at all.

Best,

E
eugene1
nice, rog!

PK Yi
PK Yi
thank you, rog. that cleared it up night and day. :)