Siuslaw coho

B
bythesea
Thuggin4Life said:
Wil be there saturday as well. say hi if you can spot me in among the big boats. wish it would rain so some of the monkeys would stay in there cages. was gonna do reedpsort sunday but seems like the other sponsers are having a hard time coming up with funds. I like the slaw but love the umpqua just hate the extra bill to get there. everythime i hit the slaw i have day dreams of the umpqua nad then i get goos reports from reedsport and i just want to blow my brains out. why go to the slaw saturday? guess its convenient. mike say hi if you see me didn't even notice you out there last weekend.

Since you put it that way I wish it would rain too !!

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
mike say hi if you see me didn't even notice you out there last weekend.
Will do. I saw you guys heading out last weekend just as I was coming in to the dock

S
Salmon Whammy
Hi Mike ! I just got back from Elk Hunting in Burns. I got my Elk. The Salmon season is crazy this year. We have been very busy making lures for all the tackle shops. The Coho are in the Siulsaw River. Customers have been catching Kings and Coho like crazy on the Super Hoochie in Pinks, Orange, Chartreuse,Green and Black. One of the best places to fish is just above the 101 bridge. The other day I landed a 15# Coho on the Pink and White Super Hoochie. I am freelining the Super Hoochie. We are also casting the Sonic Bell,Salmon Magic and Strike Master as we drift. Fanstastic way to catch Kings and Coho. Some big fish have been caught at the wall in Florence. They are using the Magnum Hooch-n-Bell, Super Magnum and other lures that we make. If you get a chance stop by. The Sportsman and the Bridgeport Market keep calling for more lures. It is wild around here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salmon Whammy ( Dean)
NCLAF

M
mikeredding
Sweet! Glad you got your elk. I caught a nice 25# nook at the Coast Guard station on Saturday but nothing else. Where is the "wall"? I haven't heard of that term before.

J
JeannaJigs
It's that retaining wall made of jetty rock near the coast guard station, that's along the road right by the humane society...you'll recognize it by all the people throwing hardware off of it.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
It's that retaining wall made of jetty rock near the coast guard station, that's along the road right by the humane society...you'll recognize it by all the people throwing hardware off of it.
That's what I thought. I was fishing there a lot this weekend. Saw a few caught there in boats but non from the bank. That's also about where I got the silver the weekend before.

S
Salmon Whammy
Hi ! Jeanna is right. The fishing is picking up. The Coquille,Coos and the Alsea are also catching. The Super Hoochie and the Sonic Bell are the lures to use. On the wall (Siuslaw) the locals are throwing our Hooch-n-Mama,Super Magnum,Super Hoochie,Magnum Hooch-n-Bell. For the kings our Ultimate Bait Rig and the Super Hoochie has been successful. If anybody wants info on the rivers they can call me for the latest reports.
Salmon Whammy (Dean)
541-997-7080