Garibaldi July 21,22, and 23, 2023

F
Fishnsleep
Friday6coho07212023.jpeg

Went down Thursday evening, my friends Jeff and Inna joined me Friday morning. We went out to about 240' off of Twin Rocks and started trolling SW, using Spinfish, Lemon Head Glow 4.0, with 12 oz and 23' on the line counter. The action was very fast and consistent, we had our 6 keeper coho by 10:00 a.m. It appeared the boats around us, there were plenty, were doing quite well also.

On Saturday, I fished the same location with the same gear, with my friend Todd on his Arima. I was done at 8:19 a.m. not that I kept count, lol. Todd caught 10 fish but... you guessed it, all natives. The sun was glaring, and the ocean was calm, not good for a coho bite. We called it a day and headed back to the dock about 1:00 p.m.

On Sunday, we took Todd's boat again, and stared deeper, about 300' straight off Garibaldi. We had some fast action out of the gate, but the minute the marine layer/fog burned off, the bite died. We only got one keeper, and called it about 12:00 p.m. I have heard since then that people using downriggers were doing well at 75' to 100'. This would make sense, I suppose, because of the warm water and blazing sun.

Beginning to think of switching gears for a day or two, and doing some bottom fishing, with good weather, and little wind, I like to go to Manzanita, or even Cannon Beach if the conditions allow. Remember, if you have even one salmon on board, you must use all barbless hooks for bottom fishing. This is why most anglers prefer to go bottom fishing first.
JeffGlenInna.png

Reactions: Bo Peep, scched and Admin
Diehard
Diehard
Nice pile of fish thanks for sharing I love those spin fish game changers some days