Garibaldi June 9 and 10, 2023

F
Fishnsleep
Had my friend Chris come down on Thursday night. We got up Friday and went bottom fishing off of Manzanita. The fishing was very slow. We kept three canary fish, released a lot of small bottom fish and some very small ling cod. We did not get any ling cod this trip. We tried different reefs, depths and jigs. Nothing was working for us. So we called it a day and went back to port for some lunch.

After lunch, my friend Todd wanted to go bottom fishing in his boat down at Three Arches, so I went with him. We managed nine bottom fish and two ling cod. We fished various reefs and depths ,but the bite was slow. I heard that in closer/shallower was working for some people, but this was after the fact. Next time out I will need to consider trying shallower if we cannot locate some hungry fish.

On Saturday, the wind was blowing pretty good, so we went crabbing in the bay, dropped four pots pulled them about 4 times, and got 19 keeper Dungeness crab. The first crabbing for me this year, I forgot how good they taste! Next Saturday is the select coho opener, I am hopeful the ocean will not be too rough with the forecasted winds.
Bar view while crabbing.jpg
crabinbay.jpg

Reactions: MartinH523 and Crayfishy
F
Fishnsleep
Can confirm, lol...

Reactions: MartinH523
M
MartinH523
I WISH!!
Haven't been Crabbing or ocean fishing for a year now.
Got ran over by a pickup truck and have been in a wheelchair since July 2nd 2022.
Two surgeries done on my leg and a double knee replacement and a shoulder replacement to go.
Sure wish I could go crabbing before I get the other surgeries!!