Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

C
Chedster
Seems like a lot of jacks in the Siltcoos right now. I hooked two this last sunday, lost the bigger one right next to the boat and released a smaller guy later in the day. Heard of a few other jacks being caught also. Can't wait to hook a nice size coho in there. We have got some more rain coming this week so hopefully things pick up.

Reactions: OnTheFly
M
Mike123
Gonna be another dry year... No rain forecasted as long as they can see is what I heard. The lakes are gonna suck. And I really wanted to fish them this year.

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
Gonna be another dry year... No rain forecasted as long as they can see is what I heard. The lakes are gonna suck. And I really wanted to fish them this year.

They'll pick up :]

B
B-Robbi
I stopped by Siltcoos around noon today - lots of boats taking out with no fish on board.

Then, may be of interest to some, I threw a few casts with a Blue Fox in the river just above mapleton and pulled out a bright 32" buck 'Nook. Good fun.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
They'll pick up :]

I lied... looks like rain this weekend! At least for the Alsea! :dance:

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
I lied... looks like rain this weekend! At least for the Alsea! :dance:

Yup supposed to start raining today and tomorrow.... :] not sure how much, but any rain is good rain.

T
TTFishon
I heard it was suppose to rain 3 inches at the coast with this storm.

F
fishhunter
Stopped at the siltcoos yesterday. Dam is open one guy had one on others were jumping. :dance:

Last edited:
L
lotsolegs
Here comes the rain

Here comes the rain

It sure has hit the valley this morning early... It is a downpour...sooo will the fishing finally get good out there?? Was not going to fish this weekend..but maybe will.. Hopefully the feedback over the next few days will be positive!

M
mikeredding
lotsolegs said:
It sure has hit the valley this morning early... It is a downpour...sooo will the fishing finally get good out there?? Was not going to fish this weekend..but maybe will.. Hopefully the feedback over the next few days will be positive!
Same here. I may go Sunday but will wait and see the postings before I fill the gas tank!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome

Welcome

lotsolegs said:

Hey,welcome to just the best dang fishing forum west of London! ;) Seriously,I get way too excited when I discover more gals signing up AND posting. :lol: I am so glad you found us and are willing to jump in and join the discussions. You will find boatloads of members willing to share all sorts of info.
The rain is bypassing my area at the moment. Autofisher and I were going to hit it today,but had to postpone. :confused: Giving serious thought about the weekend after the winds die down some. There is just something about standing on a tree lined shoreline with high winds whipping the trees around me that just isn't all that appealing. I want to bonk a fish,not get bonked on the noggin. :naughty: Love the rain,the wind...not so much.
Good fishing to all who venture forth with rod in hand the next few days.

J
JeannaJigs
I'd be going tomorrow but I have to work..so alas...Sunday it is, and Wednesday, and possibly Thursday. and maybe by next weekend my tag will be full! LOL yeah right, but ya know, one can hope.

T
Thuggin4Life
Upgraded Coho Action

Upgraded Coho Action

Getting 90's 9.9 merc ss 2 stroke for a deal. Will be a deffinant uprade from the 6. And i will have some money to pimp my ride this winter. And when I sell the 6 even more money. Fix the leaks, new paint job, downriggers, fish finder, marine battery, new marine plywood for benches and transom, permamount motor, redo the trailer, better seats, hardwired lights, anything else i may have forgot is getting done soon.Oh and now it won't take days to get across the lake. Fish are going to die.

J
JeannaJigs
fished the river this afternoon after I got off work, thunder, lightning, rain, and wind, with rapidly dissappearing daylight ultimately forced me back to my vehicle early. Defeated. Had one one that struck very close to the bank when I was about to start reeling in quicker to cast it out again. I didn't set the hook good, and the 'ho spit it. I was less than impressed. Wet and miserable I called it a day. The dam was open...and I suspect it will be for at least another day or two perhaps...as while I was fishing, and the tide was going out with a healthy current...the river was still rising from the torrential downpour, about 2 inches during my time there.

These fish are crafty...but the next two weeks should be pretty good. I'm gonna have to check out Tahkenitch and see what's goin' on there, I suspect they haven't opened the dam yet, but it will be getting there soon perhaps....though it was lookin' pretty dire the last time I was there...so who knows.

Might have something worthwhile to report tomorrow, to make up for standing in water under tall trees during a lightning storm and a downpour, for nada.

T
Thuggin4Life
All I have to say about tomorrow is 9.9 booyaa!!!!

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Getting 90's 9.9 merc ss 2 stroke for a deal. Will be a deffinant uprade from the 6. And i will have some money to pimp my ride this winter. And when I sell the 6 even more money. Fix the leaks, new paint job, downriggers, fish finder, marine battery, new marine plywood for benches and transom, permamount motor, redo the trailer, better seats, hardwired lights, anything else i may have forgot is getting done soon.Oh and now it won't take days to get across the lake. Fish are going to die.
Very cool. You must be as excited as a kid in a candy store!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
fished the river this afternoon after I got off work, thunder, lightning, rain, and wind, with rapidly dissappearing daylight ultimately forced me back to my vehicle early. Defeated. Had one one that struck very close to the bank when I was about to start reeling in quicker to cast it out again. I didn't set the hook good, and the 'ho spit it. I was less than impressed. Wet and miserable I called it a day. The dam was open...and I suspect it will be for at least another day or two perhaps...as while I was fishing, and the tide was going out with a healthy current...the river was still rising from the torrential downpour, about 2 inches during my time there.

These fish are crafty...but the next two weeks should be pretty good. I'm gonna have to check out Tahkenitch and see what's goin' on there, I suspect they haven't opened the dam yet, but it will be getting there soon perhaps....though it was lookin' pretty dire the last time I was there...so who knows.

Might have something worthwhile to report tomorrow, to make up for standing in water under tall trees during a lightning storm and a downpour, for nada.

I know it's a natural instinct to want to stand under a tree during a lightning storm but a tree is one of the worst places to stand in a lightning storm. If the tree gets struck then you get struck.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
I know it's a natural instinct to want to stand under a tree during a lightning storm but a tree is one of the worst places to stand in a lightning storm. If the tree gets struck then you get struck.
I know better...it was an unintelligent intentional act of risk...hoping for the big one....that never did come home with me.

We fished it yesterday, and we fished it hard...all day. Based on what we saw, I'd say probably 20 fish if not more where taken yesterday....Almost all adults. Brandon (Bfishin) got the fish of the day in our boat, I got a jack the size of a large trout...Best eatin' fish ever are jack 'hos, so that one got the shampoo...though it's not a fish to brag about by any means lol. Brandon's 'ho was 25 inches just shy of 7 pounds. Andy (thuggin) had a huge fish on, but lost it before we could get it to the boat, i'd estimate it to be over 30 inches, and it had a huge girth. I'd say yesterday was the best day to be on the water so far this season (even though I didn't get jack, or well, I guess I did...), and I suspect the rest of the next 2 weeks will follow suite

L
lotsolegs
can't wait

can't wait

We are getting a new top on the boat to help compbat the weather we are going to have!! :clap: We did not get a chance to get out to the water on sunday as we wanted to :( but that is ok we had to do that work thing.. But we are heading out this weekend!! Rain or shine I am soooo ready for some fresh fish for dinner!!! With all the money we have invested so far this year it would of been cheaper to go buy fish.. But what fun is that!?!?!

S
steelhead_stalkers
That's the way fishing goes! Its sad when you pay probably $50 a fish on your tag, that's why I waited as long as possible to get another hatchery tag, it gets expensive! The great time on the wate4r is why most of us pay so much to fish. Great times on the water in a beautiful environment, its like vacation for me every time I get to go out! Plus chrome bright steelhead and salmon taste so good when you do catch them. :)

Last edited: