Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

W
womanwhofishes
Supoose to be sorta nice saturday you could head out and be back in time for the game
dunno what we will be doing before the game......:pray:

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
We will get something out of there tomorrow. Brandon's going. He gets one everytime.

HAHAHA Brandon didn't get one!

On the other hand...neither did I :(

I netted someone's fat hen though....and got a piece of it marinating in teriyaki sauce as a reward for my excellent netting skills (or something like that).

Tahkenitch is officially a dead zone. Not sure what's happening with that lake. I think there just hasn't been enough rain, but who knows..... All I know is that this time last year, they were rolling and using their ninja acrobat skills to get air....and were everywhere on the depth finder, and consistently choking on our offerings....and today and the last time I was there about 3 weeks ago, Nada....Not a thing going on. If I had more time to fish this year, I wouldn't give up on her, but at best, I probably only have one or two more trips left because of unforseen circumstances.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah I have a pic to share later. Still ahv to clean the boat and kitchen up. Tossed some meat in the brine that I had from tuesday. Got me some coho marinating in teriyaki as well....

T
Thuggin4Life
Iaght here it is. And heres some info thats floating around but I know better..."Siltcoos has shown slight improvement for coho. Trolled spoons have been most effective." Only got 1 more slot left for these guys.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Iaght here it is. And heres some info thats floating around but I know better..."Siltcoos has shown slight improvement for coho. Trolled spoons have been most effective." Only got 1 more slot left for these guys.

Very nice. I hope to get over there again Sunday if I can afford the gas.

W
windburnt
Thuggin4Life said:

ur killing me smallz..lol

T
Thuggin4Life
J
JeannaJigs
windburnt said:
ur killing me smallz..lol

Yeah dude lol, try being in a boat with the guy...and only bringin' home one fish total this year....Usually I'd have my tag filled :( I'm begining to think I suck at fishing.

T
Thuggin4Life
You did get that nook in tidewater. I couldn't seem to get one.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Very cool guys! I am sure that with the recent issue of Salmon Trout and Steelheader it will be very busy at Siltcoos!

N
nwdunerider
Hi Guys
new to this fished siltcoos last sunday no luck thinking of tahkenitch this sunday last year tahkenitch was gerat sound like its not so good this year anybody have any info on it for the last couple of days

J
JeannaJigs
nwdunerider said:
Hi Guys
new to this fished siltcoos last sunday no luck thinking of tahkenitch this sunday last year tahkenitch was gerat sound like its not so good this year anybody have any info on it for the last couple of days

Fished it yesterday...it was very dissapointing. The fish just aren't there in any decent numbers whatsoever. I'd give it a few weeks. It has a small creek as it's outlet, that is way more dependent on heavy rainfall than siltcoos.

L
lotsolegs
Heading out in about 6 hours... Got a new cover for the boat so rain or shine we are ready!!! Really hoping to catch a dang fish already... Going to throw a little bit of everything out to them..

T
Thuggin4Life
steelhead_stalkers said:
Very cool guys! I am sure that with the recent issue of Salmon Trout and Steelheader it will be very busy at Siltcoos!

I almost thought I seen you guys entering the maple arm thursday as we were leaving. Have you been out there much this year?

S
steelhead_stalkers
We went out third week in October for the first time. We fished most of the day for Chinook around Mapleton but got tired of trying there. We put in at the main ramp at Siltcoos but thought maybe we were on the wrong lake as no body was around except one boat. We took out and tried to find the dam but failed there so we went back again and put in and found the outlet. We motored up the outlet towards the dam and then threw out some shrimp cocktails (all we had with us) around the outlet for and hour or so before heading home. Next time I wont forget our spinners and plugs!! :lol: We want to try to get out at least once this year but the boat motor stopped working when we were fishing the upper deschutes. I still have not recovered from having to run six miles back to the car! :)

This Thursday we were hiking through the wilderness area of drift creek Alsea in search of water. After 2.5 miles of hiking (one way) and a 800 elevation decent we crawled back out of the woods and finished the day fishing the lower Alsea.

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
steelhead_stalkers said:
We went out third week in October for the first time. We fished most of the day for Chinook around Mapleton but got tired of trying there. We put in at the main ramp at Siltcoos but thought maybe we were on the wrong lake as no body was around except one boat. We took out and tried to find the dam but failed there so we went back again and put in and found the outlet. We motored up the outlet towards the dam and then threw out some shrimp cocktails (all we had with us) around the outlet for and hour or so before heading home. Next time I wont forget our spinners and plugs!! :lol: We want to try to get out at least once this year but the boat motor stopped working when we were fishing the upper deschutes. I still have not recovered from having to run six miles back to the car! :)

This Thursday we were hiking through the wilderness area of drift creek Alsea in search of water. After 2.5 miles of hiking (one way) and a 800 elevation decent we crawled back out of the woods and finished the day fishing the lower Alsea.

Its always fun trying to find new water. Check craigslist. there is a 6hp evinrude on there for 500. Looks a lot like the one i used to run...

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Its always fun trying to find new water. Check craigslist. there is a 6hp evinrude on there for 500. Looks a lot like the one i used to run...
I saw that one the other day. It was even a guy named Andy selling it. LOL

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thanks for the info Andy. It looks like it might just be the water pump that went out, now its just figuring out how to fix it. Hopefully we can get it up and going for one last trip. On a good note both Siuslaw and Alsea look prime for winter steelhead and with the next big rain the lower rivers might produce a few early fish. :)

T
Thuggin4Life
theres a link to a youyube video somewhere on this site that shows a guy do one on a bigger motor. looks real easy. just pull the whole shaft off the motor and dig into the shaft a bit. not sure how much it costs but just a impeller and a gasket or two. should be a few hour job for a doityourselfer. check it out.

J
JeannaJigs
I've decided I suck at fishing. Think I need to retire.