Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

T
Teo
I was wondering if there is a boat ramp, or other place up the 5 Mile arm of Tahkenitch that I could put my pontoon boat in so I wouldn't have to row clear across the lake. I see on the map a Five Mile Rd. Is this the road I should take?

Thanks,
Teo

D
diggindan
Teo said:
I was wondering if there is a boat ramp, or other place up the 5 Mile arm of Tahkenitch that I could put my pontoon boat in so I wouldn't have to row clear across the lake. I see on the map a Five Mile Rd. Is this the road I should take?

Thanks,
Teo

The only ramps I know of are at Westlake and a private ramp at the RV Park on the Miller Creek arm. I think a post in this thread said $5 at the RV Park.
Good luck, Dan

T
Teo
diggindan said:
The only ramps I know of are at Westlake and a private ramp at the RV Park on the Miller Creek arm. I think a post in this thread said $5 at the RV Park.
Good luck, Dan

I'm talking Tahkenitch here, not Siltcoos.

D
diggindan
Teo said:
I'm talking Tahkenitch here, not Siltcoos.

So you are. No help there. Good luck anyway.

M
mikeredding
Hit Siltcoos this morning. On the water a dawn and pulled out at 11:00
Mostly sunny
water temp 56
air temp 46

Marked a lot of fish near the outlet. Saw about 8 or 9 roll above the train trestle and one guy had a hook up and lost it. Other than that no action going on that I know of.

Made a run down the river to the bridge and marked a lot of fish so they are on the way.

C
Chedster
It was a nice day on the water, got a small jack to the boat and let him go. Boy was he chrome bright! got a few trout later in the day. Did not see any nets fly or hear of any other coho caught but I'm sure someone got something. Gonna be back at it next weekend.

T
Thuggin4Life
Fished from like sun up until 5. Only seen a jack got under the 101 bridge. Lot of monkeys out fishing today. marking fish in the river and maple creek arm. not much going on up the fiddle creek arm. seemed like the fish were scattered all across the lake with not many large schools to be found. Too bad we didn't bump into any of you guys out there.

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Fished from like sun up until 5. Only seen a jack got under the 101 bridge. Lot of monkeys out fishing today. marking fish in the river and maple creek arm. not much going on up the fiddle creek arm. seemed like the fish were scattered all across the lake with not many large schools to be found. Too bad we didn't bump into any of you guys out there.

I think I may have seen you guys turning down river when I was going back to the boat ramp at 11:00

J
JeannaJigs
The fishing was great, the weather was great...the catching..not so great. I won't be out there until there is some rain (Or sunday, lol. Whichever comes first, probably sunday...looking at the weather forecast...not a drop of rain forecasted at all this week!) Unseasonably dry year so far.

Also, a public service announcment, anyone in the market for a depth finder, stay away from "eagle" brand...unless you want to throw it in the lake.

That is all.

T
Thuggin4Life
You going to post the pic of the day?

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
I think I may have seen you guys turning down river when I was going back to the boat ramp at 11:00

Ya we were all over the lake.....the fish are scattered, bad. No real schools anywhere...just scattered clumps here and there..EXCEPT for at the outlet...so after doing some upper lake recon...that's where we ended up...Shoulda just stayed there, but it'd been a week, and these fish move in just a day, so you just never know. Saw a few blue boats, but didn't get to sleep until 02:30, and woke up at 04:30 to be on the water at zero dark thirty...tired and hungover...not really paying attention to a whole lot going on around me...so I didn't really see who was who lol. Lots of people on the water...makes me wish I had weekdays off, weekend fishing is a zoo.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
You going to post the pic of the day?

Trying to send it to my email but it's not wantin' to work as of yet...stupid cell phone.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
stupid cell phone.
Maybe it goes with the Eagle FF!!

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
looking at the weather forecast...not a drop of rain forecasted at all this week!) Unseasonably dry year so far.

Not sure what forecast you are seeing but the local news showed serious rain for Friday and 50% chance for Saturday.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
Not sure what forecast you are seeing but the local news showed serious rain for Friday and 50% chance for Saturday.

Yeah I see that today, wasn't the forecast I got yesterday, gotta love it. Basically I was going to try to get Thursday off and go...but no rain at that point...not wasting my vacation hours. Work saturday, but might get out Sunday...if things go as planned.

M
mikeredding
I may try again Sunday too, not sure yet.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
Maybe it goes with the Eagle FF!!

I think that it does.

Piece of Motorola garbage.

C
CohoJaws
Beautiful fish, Teo. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

I'm wondering what people recommend for this weekend. Went to Tahkenitch early Sunday and didn't see much (including people :); went to Siltcoos and there were both some successes by others ... and people.

Thoughts on where to be?

So glad for you all to be on line. First time I've done this.

Deb

T
Teo
CohoJaws said:

I'm wondering what people recommend for this weekend. Went to Tahkenitch early Sunday and didn't see much (including people :); went to Siltcoos and there were both some successes by others ... and people.

Thoughts on where to be?

Deb

As I understand it Tahkenitch is slow because the outlet stream hardly has any water in it. In Siltcoos the outlet river and Maple Creek areas seem to producing some. I hear that Fiddle Creek is another area, but I haven't been up there.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
CohoJaws said:

Thoughts on where to be?

Deb

I myself will be avoiding Tahkenitch until the creek is flowing...fish can't get over the sandbar at this point, it's going to take some good rain, more than just a couple days, though once it gets going, I won't be fishing Siltcoos, I assure you of that. I was out there 2 weeks ago, and there was absolutely nothing going on, nice run of searun cutts though, there's some big ones up there. As for Siltcoos there's nothin' much going on up Fiddle Creek or Maple creek arms. There are a few fish, but not really solid numbers up there yet like there will be in the next few weeks...and the fish are widely scattered throughout the lake. I'd reccommend fishing the west side of the lake...that's where I'm gonna be focussing.

Reactions: OnTheFly