Polebender Invitational

C
colbypearson
Noahk said:
It's all good man. I have a GPS so I can just plug in your address. It will only add like 45 mins or so, it's really not a big deal. Did you want to be there right at 630 or be ready to hit the water by 630? I figure I can leave my house by 3:45, be to your house by 4:45 and then hopefully we can make it to the pond by 630. What do you think?
thanks for stepping up with a ride :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
It's all good man. I have a GPS so I can just plug in your address. It will only add like 45 mins or so, it's really not a big deal. Did you want to be there right at 630 or be ready to hit the water by 630? I figure I can leave my house by 3:45, be to your house by 4:45 and then hopefully we can make it to the pond by 630. What do you think?

whenever you want to be there is fine with me. you are the one driving afterall. not going to rush you to get there or anything like that.. i'm just grateful that you are swinging by to get me and we get to catch some fish with friends. ill send you my adress a day or two before the invitational so you can punch it into your gps. should be very easy to find.

T
tomriker
ryan808 said:
This is possibly the longest thread ever :lol: Ill give a prize to who can predict when we will hit page 30.

oh we could make it happen tonight!

T
tomriker
Noahk said:

from dallas you could just run down 99 instead of going back to salem and down i5, that'd probably save some time too

R
ryan808
I got 843 blank lined up for this build. This particular blank is one of the best blanks I've fished with (aside from my Legend Elites) and FP can attest to that, its light crisp and had the best finish on any blank Ive seen (titanium). Ill spiral wrap it with the latest micro guides, the seats will be the newest Fuji seats that are on the Loomis NRX and Z-Bone rods. The grips will be a split setup and EVA grips will be custom made to minimize any extra fat. I have a similar setup and I have the rod weighing at 3 oz, thats lighter than 99% of all factory built rods. I dont want to seem like im putting myself on the pedestal, but I want you guys and gals to know how much your gracious host has put into this prize. At the end of the day you'll be taking home a rod thats on par with a $400 rod.

L
lilsalmon
hmmmmm....blank is me staring at ryan808's post and wondering what the heck he just said..this is going to be very interesting and enterrtaining for everyone since I have no idea what I will be doing except flinging my fly rod...hehe....I did understand about the $400 rod......sweet

T
tomriker
so i talked to FP and we decided whoever catches the "smallest" fish will get a chance to come out and fish with me and FP at my place once the fishing gets hot!

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
so i talked to FP and we decided whoever catches the "smallest" fish will get a chance to come out and fish with me and FP at my place once the fishing gets hot!

i will win that contest. my black roostertail always catches a few very small fish ;) :lol:

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
I got 843 blank lined up for this build. This particular blank is one of the best blanks I've fished with (aside from my Legend Elites) and FP can attest to that, its light crisp and had the best finish on any blank Ive seen (titanium). Ill spiral wrap it with the latest micro guides, the seats will be the newest Fuji seats that are on the Loomis NRX and Z-Bone rods. The grips will be a split setup and EVA grips will be custom made to minimize any extra fat. I have a similar setup and I have the rod weighing at 3 oz, thats lighter than 99% of all factory built rods. I dont want to seem like im putting myself on the pedestal, but I want you guys and gals to know how much your gracious host has put into this prize. At the end of the day you'll be taking home a rod thats on par with a $400 rod.
dang what length and action :shock:

S
sherman
lilsalmon said:
hmmmmm....blank is me staring at ryan808's post and wondering what the heck he just said..this is going to be very interesting and enterrtaining for everyone since I have no idea what I will be doing except flinging my fly rod...hehe....I did understand about the $400 rod......sweet

LOL I'm with you. I thought he was talking in tongue. Hey maybe beginners luck will be on our side.

I once won a tv at a work Christmas party by guessing how many nails in a container & I hit it right on. I was the new employee at the lumber yard. Now thats beginners luck.Oh & 30 pages by tomorrow afternoon at 3pm is my guess.

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
sherman said:
LOL I'm with you. I thought he was talking in tongue. Hey maybe beginners luck will be on our side.

I once won a tv at a work Christmas party by guessing how many nails in a container & I hit it right on. I was the new employee at the lumber yard. Now thats beginners luck.Oh & 30 pages by tomorrow afternoon at 3pm is my guess.

Oh yay.....so I am not the only beginner that will be there? Thats a relief

N
Noahk
tomriker said:
from dallas you could just run down 99 instead of going back to salem and down i5, that'd probably save some time too
Yeah that's the plan.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Oh yay.....so I am not the only beginner that will be there? Thats a relief

i'm sorta a beginner too. ive only caught a few largemouth in the 5 pound range and a lot of smaller ones. i just have a general knowledge of how to catch them. i'm by no means a pro.

N
Noahk
Hey FP, how deep is the pond? Is there more than one?

F
Finneus Polebender
Noahk said:
more than one but we will all fish the big one mainly due to my need to keep an eye out " we have some younger participants " , and the fact is it is the one that we can all really fit in the other two are much smaller . The pond has weed cover ,tree cover, and areas with sunken logs depth varies there are a few flats that extend out for more than 50 ft from shore avg depth 4-13ft , the rest of the shorline rarely extends more than 10-20 ft before dropping to 13ft or deeper . most of the center of the pond avg 22-30 ft deep with a few holes up to 45-50 ft deep . I was told by the owners bass pro friend that there are three fish over 10 lbs in there and over a dozen in the 7-10 lb range "I will not go into how we know this fact"he stated and I quote " you need to learn how to fish it deep". With that said good luck ,I personally have not broken the code to the bigguns yet caught many fish 1-3 lbs and a few in the 4-5 lb range .I would like to add while on this subject that bait will be allowed excluding live mice or goldfish, as well as any other species caught in the pond, as I do not want to offend any fellow members and well there has to be some skill here rather than just using a bait you could not use legally any where else. examples are worms ,sand shrimp , dead fish processed for bait use , or any store bought bait such as power bait /carp bait etc . Remember though this is a bass tournament so they will be the only species counted towards the catagories, and all fish regardless of species will be released.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Noahk said:

I think the deepest I found was 58ft and it was a small area.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
dang what length and action :shock:

Someones got their eye on the prize guys you are in for a challenge , Sure Ryan will chime in with the length and action, the winner will really need to thank him and my boss though for a stick fit for a pro!

R
ryan808
Finneus Polebender said:
Someones got their eye on the prize guys you are in for a challenge , Sure Ryan will chime in with the length and action, the winner will really need to thank him and my boss though for a stick fit for a pro!

The blank is 7' Fast, 10-17 lb. and 1/4 - 3/4oz. baits, I think the all in one rod rod for bass fishing.

With all the fly guys and gals coming out, I should have built a backup fly rod....Maybe next year.

Last edited:
T
tomriker
all the fly fishin' folk need a good bass rod tho!

N
Noahk
Finneus Polebender said:
more than one but we will all fish the big one mainly due to my need to keep an eye out " we have some younger participants " , and the fact is it is the one that we can all really fit in the other two are much smaller . The pond has weed cover ,tree cover, and areas with sunken logs depth varies there are a few flats that extend out for more than 50 ft from shore avg depth 4-13ft , the rest of the shorline rarely extends more than 10-20 ft before dropping to 13ft or deeper . most of the center of the pond avg 22-30 ft deep with a few holes up to 45-50 ft deep . I was told by the owners bass pro friend that there are three fish over 10 lbs in there and over a dozen in the 7-10 lb range "I will not go into how we know this fact"he stated and I quote " you need to learn how to fish it deep". With that said good luck ,I personally have not broken the code to the bigguns yet caught many fish 1-3 lbs and a few in the 4-5 lb range .I would like to add while on this subject that bait will be allowed excluding live mice or goldfish, as well as any other species caught in the pond, as I do not want to offend any fellow members and well there has to be some skill here rather than just using a bait you could not use legally any where else. examples are worms ,sand shrimp , dead fish processed for bait use , or any store bought bait such as power bait /carp bait etc . Remember though this is a bass tournament so they will be the only species counted towards the catagories, and all fish regardless of species will be released.
Sounds great. I don't really know what I'm doing but always love a little bass fishing. What about live crayfish? I would think that would work pretty well.