Polebender Invitational

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Man this would be a great product promo event :lol: FP you need to go find a company to sponsor the food and drinks.

Good idea should hit the boss up oooh and the folks at the new Cabelas should throw down some goodies too ,great idea will have to make some calls. One other request I need to know all of those on the list / or guests of those on the list who will need a seat so I can make sure every one gets on the water . I think I have plenty of boats just want to make sure . So far am covering TR, Colby P , And Throbbit shane .

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
gunna have to cover me too if you can. we did have a raft but lost it down the creek last summer . :lol:

T
tomriker
went to dinner with my wife tonight in salem so i made her let me stop at holesale sports and pick up some new gear (she was less than pleased by this i might add) but back to the point, i picked up one of those frogs and so far idk, im not really digging it but i haven't seen it in the water yet.. so we'll see

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
went to dinner with my wife tonight in salem so i made her let me stop at holesale sports and pick up some new gear (she was less than pleased by this i might add) but back to the point, i picked up one of those frogs and so far idk, im not really digging it but i haven't seen it in the water yet.. so we'll see

As impresive as the crawdad when you start stop on the retrieve must admit they look funny out of the water especially them gangly legs . But once they dive and come up man just like watchin the real thing. Bet you replaced the ol crawdad too huh.
Got you covered on the boat thing Brandon.

C
colbypearson
SO ORE UPDATE, LOL ....

sbf4-8.jpg
not too big but it was on a swimbait so thats always fun ;)

Last edited:
D
Darthbeans
got one too but not on a swim.......another brush hog score but its still catching CP! same for you man they have not been big but it beats the nothing we have been stuck with yeah?

C
colbypearson
Darthbeans said:
got one too but not on a swim.......another brush hog score but its still catching CP! same for you man they have not been big but it beats the nothing we have been stuck with yeah?

beats nothing yes lol but im tired of catching 2-3lbrs on 20lb test and a swimbait rod LMAO its cool and all but good lord i need a big one been two weeks HAHAHA i need to go pitch a jig around tomorrow i guarantee i could have got a lot more solid fish had i not thrown big baits to the ospreys the last few weeks ;) lol

F
Finneus Polebender
Well put one more notch tin the grip today, man TR was on fire jigs definitely jigs!

C
Combat Chuck
You guys are making me feel bad. I couldnt buy a bite yesterday, didn't even see a fish!

C
Combat Chuck
So instead of feeling sorry for myself I went back out after that post and it paid OFF!
0409110830.jpg

T
TTFishon
Combat Chuck said:
So instead of feeling sorry for myself I went back out after that post and it paid OFF!

Not bad man.

F
Finneus Polebender
Combat Chuck said:

Nice glad to see the bite is picking up everywhere woohoo!

F
Finneus Polebender
Now for some important details ............ We need to decide how we will crown the winner of the 2nd annual Polebender Invitational . I would like to make this a concensus so here are my thoughts ,and please let me know yours . Biggest bass, Heaviest bag for a three fish total, or perhaps most caught. Please fire in your ideas and wee will all vote to pick the one. Oh and ......................A huge thanks to my employer , and Ryan 808 who will be making the grand prize a hand made custom rod ! Lets hope the man upstairs smiles down upon us with sun and a great bite see ya all in two weeks . FP

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Now for some important details ............ We need to decide how we will crown the winner of the 2nd annual Polebender Invitational . I would like to make this a concensus so here are my thoughts ,and please let me know yours . Biggest bass, Heaviest bag for a three fish total, or perhaps most caught. Please fire in your ideas and wee will all vote to pick the one. Oh and ......................A huge thanks to my employer , and Ryan 808 who will be making the grand prize a hand made custom rod ! Lets hope the man upstairs smiles down upon us with sun and a great bite see ya all in two weeks . FP

hand made custom rod!!! what are the specs!? lets do best cumulative 3 fish then and something smaller for big fish... i might give away a big bait for the biggest fish but im super broke with all these tournies coming up we will see :) it would be a nice little add on for the pot for big fish im sure i could throw in something.

T
tomriker
maybe whoever catches the biggest fish can come out with me and FP to my place some time
not much of a reward but itd be fun

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
hand made custom rod!!! what are the specs!? lets do best cumulative 3 fish then and something smaller for big fish... i might give away a big bait for the biggest fish but im super broke with all these tournies coming up we will see :) it would be a nice little add on for the pot for big fish im sure i could throw in something.

Anything will be great Colby , and TR that would be an AWESOME prize I am sure all would luv to win.Will get with Ryan on the specs not sure at this point asked him to build a custom bass rod he was gonna look and see what he had available .

C
colbypearson
sounds cool well no doubt i am stoked for this, and shasta/whiskeytown next weekend and the columbia at the end of the month...im booked!

F
Finneus Polebender
Well got the livingston patched up today and rigged up some seats for her , jon boat is ready to roll so far have boats ready for brandon ,Colby ,TR and Throbbit Shane are there any others in need of a seat? So many fish so little time Colby.

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Well got the livingston patched up today and rigged up some seats for her , jon boat is ready to roll so far have boats ready for brandon ,Colby ,TR and Throbbit Shane are there any others in need of a seat? So many fish so little time Colby.

i know i am working all day tomorrow for funds lol... i need to decide my plan for this invitational... if we do three fish how are we going to dictate who wins i have a couple scales but im sure i lost atleast 2 of them i know where one is though lol

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
i know i am working all day tomorrow for funds lol... i need to decide my plan for this invitational... if we do three fish how are we going to dictate who wins i have a couple scales but im sure i lost atleast 2 of them i know where one is though lol

That is the problem with doin it by weight I have a scale , Know TR does but we will need several and I could have an official to keep tally / verify weights considering we have no live wells, biggest fish will be no problem , as will most caught a camera can take care of the most.