Polebender Invitational

S
sherman
Hey back when I was a young bowler on a league they had a trophy for most improved bowler. (that was me) Hanging around all you pro's I might be able to get that one even if I catch a guppy bass.

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
Hey back when I was a young bowler on a league they had a trophy for most improved bowler. (that was me) Hanging around all you pro's I might be able to get that one even if I catch a guppy bass.

Will keep that one in mind although being pre spawn the guppy size bass wont be out yet , and last years models are prob at least 8-10 in already.

brandon4455
brandon4455
just a heads up everyone.. i might have to change my plans as far as a ride. my guess is that we are doing this early morning right? well, my mom has acid reflux issues and hasn't been feeling good lately. so she said i might be able to pay someone up to $20 bucks that could pick me up here in town.. i don't want to make anyone drive to far or anything though.

F
Finneus Polebender
Let me know if you have any problems on the ride thing will make sure you get here.

brandon4455
brandon4455
do we have a certain time we are meeting up at the pond or your house or somthing? it depends on how earlymy mom has to get up if im going to need a different ride or not.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
just a heads up everyone.. i might have to change my plans as far as a ride. my guess is that we are doing this early morning right? well, my mom has acid reflux issues and hasn't been feeling good lately. so she said i might be able to pay someone up to $20 bucks that could pick me up here in town.. i don't want to make anyone drive to far or anything though.
Don't worry about it man, I'll just pick you up at your house. It adds a few minutes to the drive but it's not that bad. The only issue is that I have to get back up to Portland around 6 so I'd have to leave around 3 to get back up there.

FP-
What time are we starting and ending?

As far as judging the winner, what if we just had 5 gallon buckets to put the fish in? Bass are pretty hardy.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Don't worry about it man, I'll just pick you up at your house. It adds a few minutes to the drive but it's not that bad. The only issue is that I have to get back up to Portland around 6 so I'd have to leave around 3 to get back up there.

FP-
As far as judging the winner, what if we just had 5 gallon buckets to put the fish in? Bass are pretty hardy.

thats another reason i am considering a different ride. i am not guna cut your trip short or anything and i don't want you to get loost if you don't know the area well.nobody deserves to get their trip cut short :) i'm up to getting measuring tapes and getting the lengh and width and doing it old fashion :lol:

C
colbypearson
Noahk; said:

put me down for 3, 50 gallon drums and a kiddie pool, i want to catch some pigs!@

T
Throbbit _Shane
ill have smoked steelhead. unless i eat it all LOL

killed a bright hatchery buck today

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
ill have smoked steelhead. unless i eat it all LOL

killed a bright hatchery buck today

we need to save some for the drive up!!! gnome sayne

F
Finneus Polebender
Take the ride down with Noah as long as it works we will start at dawn gonna be about 6:30 -7 will run the tournament till 2 or so that is at least 7hrs that way any early departures can get there fish in . Then we can fish,visit ,etc till we are all tired and want to head out .There will be numerous friends headed back north can get you a later ride back if youd like ,just let me knoe and I will talk to a few guests. Gonna have my sons on board for officiating will cruise boat to boat with scales tapes and cameras verifiying weights and such. Just so happens I have a kiddie pool and a few 55 gal drums laying around here Colby !

brandon4455
brandon4455
okay.. im offering extra gas money since he is going out of the way though.

T
tomriker
if you want to walk down to albany ill give you a ride :D

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
okay.. im offering extra gas money since he is going out of the way though.
Where are you at in Dallas?

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Where are you at in Dallas?

on walnut ave by the bowling alley and the little gas station.

N
Noahk
Finneus Polebender said:
Take the ride down with Noah as long as it works we will start at dawn gonna be about 6:30 -7 will run the tournament till 2 or so that is at least 7hrs that way any early departures can get there fish in . Then we can fish,visit ,etc till we are all tired and want to head out .There will be numerous friends headed back north can get you a later ride back if youd like ,just let me knoe and I will talk to a few guests. Gonna have my sons on board for officiating will cruise boat to boat with scales tapes and cameras verifiying weights and such. Just so happens I have a kiddie pool and a few 55 gal drums laying around here Colby !
Oh man thats going to be an early day!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Oh man thats going to be an early day!

yeah it is. sorry i have to drag you out this way.. probably meet up at safeway or wal mart.. since those stores are less then 10 minutes from my house and it will be easier for you to find. but hey, idk about you but when i salmon fish i usually get to the river by 5 LOL. so im use to it.

R
ryan808
This is possibly the longest thread ever :lol: Ill give a prize to who can predict when we will hit page 30.

Im glad there is so much interest in the gathering. Last year we had a great turn out, but the fish wasn't playing. I took the most bass, FP took the biggest and Chrimball had no luck... we were the tourney that year...:lol:

Good luck and thanks FP for hosting.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
yeah it is. sorry i have to drag you out this way.. probably meet up at safeway or wal mart.. since those stores are less then 10 minutes from my house and it will be easier for you to find. but hey, idk about you but when i salmon fish i usually get to the river by 5 LOL. so im use to it.
It's all good man. I have a GPS so I can just plug in your address. It will only add like 45 mins or so, it's really not a big deal. Did you want to be there right at 630 or be ready to hit the water by 630? I figure I can leave my house by 3:45, be to your house by 4:45 and then hopefully we can make it to the pond by 630. What do you think?

F
Finneus Polebender
Just because the fishing will start at dawn doesn't mean you must be there then . You can arrive later and you will still be eligible for all the catagories. lookin so far like most total wt for three fish , biggest fish , and perhaps most fish. The top prize this year well we will let the craftsman announce it " if you would do the honors Ryan" but trust me it is basically one very sweet rod,additional prizes will include a day at Basstopia , perhaps some toys from one of Colbys many toy boxes " and I would get it autographed before hes a household name" , and a few others TBA. I am looking forward to a great event and hope that the fish ,weather , and stars all align , heck if nothin else we will all sit around eat and drink our fill while we tell each other fish storys . There is no way with the projected field that the skunk will crash this party.

Last edited: