Polebender Invitational

T
tomriker
oh hell yeah! i can mount that to the front of my boat, drop it down with a jig into the nastiest looking hole in the lake and pull anything out! thanks for the suggestion :D i think i could fish alright with my left hand, but its the once i catch em and trying to get them out of the water and taking the hook out that im going to have a problem with... i guess i can just make my little brother go with me and be my bait boy

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
lets not use "bring down the hammer" when we're talking about crush injurys and amputated fingers..

OK lets go with layin down the law then LOL ,and I am sure we can get some one to unhook those pesky 4lbers for ya! that purple line must be that new 1200lb braid "top of the line"

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Well was gonna get directions out tonight but gettin late will send them out in the next couple days to the folks on the list. Got a few peeps still mia and 1 that should confirm by next week here are the MIA Graphite Zen, Fly guy , Rippin fish lips , the nothing , and last but not least Jhop111 . get back to me guys if youd like to join the rest of us . water temp 54.5 today one more warm blast and we should be in for some hungry bass makin up for lost time .

T
tomriker
i got out for a little bit with a friend lastnight but we just shore fished since i can't drive a boat with 1 hand and fish at the same time, and my buddy doesn't know what he's doing. so i didn't get a water temp, fished for an hour or so and no takers! threw the swimbait,jigs, and my craw, which i lost! time to order a few more i suppose! my hand was killing me by the time i got home from trying to fish it wasn't much fun

S
sherman
TR you got a few weeks to practice. Just take one shoe & sock off & practice reeling with your toes. I saw a video of a guy with no hands playing guitar with his feet & that guy played good.

T
tomriker
Lol i do have long toes and I pick up stuff all the time with my feet! I have a left handed reel so I can just fish with a jig and do alright with one hand, I just gotta figure out how to bring the fish into the boat and unhook Said fish with my toes

F
Finneus Polebender
I picked up another crawdad and the diver frog will kick the one back you gave me if you dont get yours by the time we get together.

D
Darthbeans
Diver frog? The river2sea dahlberg one? You use it yet? Was gonna order few but those legs look pretty weak....the koppers live targets i got scare me a bit too though hoping they dont tear up after like two fish they are sooooft!!!

L
lilsalmon
Sheesh....been gone for awhile. My coding class has been taking up my time and forcing me to use my brain....:confused: I hope Mrs. FP is going to be there...looks like I am the only female that will be there and the only one that will have no idea what I am doing...:D. I didn't get the flies made that I wanted to so will have to purchase some more. If all else fails I can be tomrikers reeler inner....hehe. Sorry to hear about the finger..it sucks being gimpy. My ankle isn't wanting to behave either so I will be the one limping to the waters edge. So, what do you boys want? Tater salad? or sweets...sounds like Brandons brownies are going to be very very good......This will be very interesting...especially bringing the toon in my cruiser...

T
Throbbit _Shane
I can help you assemble the toon if you want. I have lots of practice lol :D

L
lilsalmon
Thanks...its actually Jeannas toon. I am going to try to bring it mostly together so it will be quicker to assemble. The fun part will be putting it back in my car wet.....hmmmmmm

brandon4455
brandon4455
mmm tater salad sounds good to me. and rose, i have a few streamers if you need any extra flies, black nose dace an olive woolly bugger and a few black zonkers.. ill probably be gear fishin since the 8wt is going to jay. i might have a rod by then though., depends on shippin time! :lol:

L
lilsalmon
Hey......how did I get a bad rep? I shouldn't have any yellow....:protest::protest: face me you coward...:tongue: JK...that person knows they made a mistake....:D

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
mmm tater salad sounds good to me. and rose, i have a few streamers if you need any extra flies, black nose dace an olive woolly bugger and a few black zonkers.. ill probably be gear fishin since the 8wt is going to jay. i might have a rod by then though., depends on shippin time! :lol:

I should be okay with what I have but if not stay close....hehe. I am bringing my 6 wt so you can use my 8 wt if you want. It is a Cabellas with an Orvis reel....no drag on the reel though, havent figured that out. It was a gift so i am not complaining......

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I should be okay with what I have but if not stay close....hehe. I am bringing my 6 wt so you can use my 8 wt if you want. It is a Cabellas with an Orvis reel....no drag on the reel though, havent figured that out. It was a gift so i am not complaining......

that will work for sure :D this will definitely be fun. im gunna order a few more streamers and maybe some dries for the trip in adition to some gear. i might just have to stay close so i dont have to paddle across the pond to hand you a few hahaha . i might roll up with a nametag on me just incase nobody knows who i am :lol:. well, i'm off to bed. gunna have a dream about landing a big ass bass on an 8wt with no drag LOL.

F
Finneus Polebender
Darthbeans said:
Diver frog? The river2sea dahlberg one? You use it yet? Was gonna order few but those legs look pretty weak....the koppers live targets i got scare me a bit too though hoping they dont tear up after like two fish they are sooooft!!!

Yep that one the legs are thin but come with replacement set and can purchase just the legs for reasonable amount no hits on it yet but the action on the thing is sick just like the clackin craws!
Havent hit any on a swim bait there yet Colby but I am sure you will change that !
Mrs P will be there too not sure if she will fish ,but I am sure she will help and hang out .

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
Yep that one the legs are thin but come with replacement set and can purchase just the legs for reasonable amount no hits on it yet but the action on the thing is sick just like the clackin craws!
Havent hit any on a swim bait there yet Colby but I am sure you will change that !
Mrs P will be there too not sure if she will fish ,but I am sure she will help and hang out .

i threw the big hudd after school to day and i can't say i have been more frusterated with ospreys before in my life..........ALSDGHPASDHGDGHAS BIRDS rippin up my 25$ swimbaits.....

C
Combat Chuck
colbypearson said:
i threw the big hudd after school to day and i can't say i have been more frusterated with ospreys before in my life..........ALSDGHPASDHGDGHAS BIRDS rippin up my 25$ swimbaits.....

:lol: I feel bad for you but that is really funny... really really funny

C
colbypearson
Combat Chuck said:
:lol: I feel bad for you but that is really funny... really really funny

seems funny but after a while it is really really annoying

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:

Well at least you know if your fooling ospreys they ought to trick a pig or two :D:D:D