Coho salmon on the Columbia river

F
FishSchooler
osmosis said:
being new to fly fishing and trying to fish around folks is not a good idea if you intend to make friends or atleast get along.

...tell that to the other kid... :D

T
Troutier Bassier
if anyone crosses my Friends line, He wil probally blow up on them.

And Kodiak Purty much described the Roll Cast.

And I am not gonna be fishing with the Other "Spinnerers, Drifters, Bobberers and/Or Snaggers."

If i have to ill fish in the Sandy.

O
osmosis
if a 12 year old blows up on the average guy on the river, said 12 yr old/s are going to have an incredibly bad day that they will remember for a looong time.

a majority of the folks on the sandy are just as bad about snagging as the folks on the clack/ec. Big fish in low clear water, thats what happens unfortunately all too often.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
If i have to ill fish in the Sandy.

Um... something gotten you there? :think:

Cedar creek IS sandy... you can't fish cedar creek unless you want to get fined 7000+ dollars like those two guys that dipnetted 8 coho and 5 steelhead from the creek.

T
Troutier Bassier
Oh, Sorrry, I thought you guys meant in the Creek, I thought they would Open it for Coho, Sorry.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Oh, Sorrry, I thought you guys meant in the Creek, I thought they would Open it for Coho, Sorry.

If they opened the creek for coho, there wouldnt be a run!

T
Troutier Bassier
Lol. That would Suck!
Ill hike Away and find a spot.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Lol. That would Suck!
Ill hike Away and find a spot.

That will be tough, there's basically people everywhere around there.

T
Troutier Bassier
I can probally find a Spot,
If not, Ill bring my Baitcast.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I can probally find a Spot,
If not, Ill bring my Baitcast.

Have you ever been there? I'm assuming you are a beginning fly fisherman since you are saying that you need to practice and get a fly rod. Why would you even bring one in the first place? Bobber and drift fishing with roe and yarn along with casting spinners would be how the rest of us would fish it I'm pretty sure. Bring a spinning rod, it will help a lot with casting 2 or 3 split shot.

If you really do bring a fly rod to this coho OFF I will make sure not to stand next to you! :D

O
OnTheFly
dude young said:
The answer to all three is Chuck Norris. In fact, the answer to all questions and the question to all answers is Chuck Norris.

Or Brett Farve.;)

F
Fishtopher
Fly guys get down at Cedar! They stand across from the mouth and tangle lines with all the guys creek side.

Lottsa room if you make the crossing.

F
FishSchooler
I guess the creek is a little protection from guys coming over to throw you in the river :D
I think that troutier doesn't haave waders. So if the OFFers demand crossing, they better give us waderless kids a ride on their shoulders! :D

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
I guess the creek is a little protection from guys coming over to throw you in the river :D
I think that troutier doesn't haave waders. So if the OFFers demand crossing, they better give us waderless kids a ride on their shoulders! :D

OR a log and a stick...now get ta paddlin squirt!:shock:

T
Troutier Bassier
I dont have a spinning rod I can use for Coho, :/
I have a Ultra Light rod. 2 Baitcasts and a Fly Rod.

Ill bring Baitcast,

But im still bringing my Fly rod ;) I have a Feeling Im gonna need it.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I dont have a spinning rod I can use for Coho, :/
I have a Ultra Light rod. 2 Baitcasts and a Fly Rod.

Ill bring Baitcast,

But im still bringing my Fly rod ;) I have a Feeling Im gonna need it.

No, you won't need it.
If everyone else doesn't need it, why would you? Fishfinger caught tens and tens of coho, he used roe/spinners. If you were to fish flies, you should drift fish it with your BC

T
Troutier Bassier
Ehhhhh, Your right, I should listen to you Anyways. Its Combat fishing there Right?

The only combat fishing ive done was at Bonneville dam, When I went to the Bathroom for 1 minute my spot was Taken :/

Is it like that?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Ehhhhh, Your right, I should listen to you Anyways. Its Combat fishing there Right?

The only combat fishing ive done was at Bonneville dam, When I went to the Bathroom for 1 minute my spot was Taken :/

Is it like that?

Unless you cross the freezing river, yes. Its basically combat fishing for hundreds and hundreds of yards, unless you hike miles and miles away

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, so just my Baitcast. And If I could find one, a Spinning.

I might as well go to a Garage Sale and buy myself and Ugly STick. :/

F
FishSchooler
Anything will work as long as you can cast a spinner. I hooked my 2 last year casting a size 4 spinner with a 3/4 oz weight on the line.