M
Markcanby
1/yes
2/yes
3/80 kilometers an hour
now teach all you know Master Yoda.

K
Kodiak
Ah my little ones..you can not get the answer without asking the obvious question...African or european?

O
osmosis
is there a cannon, and a roll of duct tape involved?

T
Troutier Bassier
I dident watch Monty Python, Im sorry.

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:
I dident watch Monty Python, Im sorry.

I suggest you rent the movie then young one.:naughty:

Osmosis>>>> We could ifin you wanted too...that would put a fun spin on things...So would a flying cow out of a trebuche....:dance:..It would be like a happy candy rainbow.:clap:

T
Troutier Bassier
a swallow would have to beat its wings 43 times per Second. and It couldent be a African swallow Cause they dont Migrate. And it mightve been 2 Swallows. But theres really no way to Answer how a 4oz Bird could carry a 1Lb Coconut.

K
Kodiak
You see little one you were supposed to ask if they were african or european... then there are only three legitimate answers

1. 147 mph...considering the median hight of a coconut tree, the average wind resistance of african or european swallows has no legitmate relativity to a coconuts decent as it accelerates towards earth.....blah blah blah

2. Oh shut up about the coconuts and swallows..there is a vorpal bunny!

3. I don't know..perhaps it was carried here by an ocean current.

each answer tells me how to approach teaching you and a little about your personality...Now quit being so techical about everything and learn to relax and enjoy it.

D
dude young
The answer to all three is Chuck Norris. In fact, the answer to all questions and the question to all answers is Chuck Norris.

O
osmosis
ding ding, I believe we have a winner

K
Kodiak
The judges say OK...We'll accept that answer....Congratulations dude young..you are the new apprentice..you're hired! A congratulatory package will be arriving tuesday!

T
Troutier Bassier
Darn!
I forgot about Norris.

M
metalmania
LMAO:lol:

F
FishSchooler
Away from this Monty Python and Chuck Norris gibberish... :D
Is roll casting like shooting tons of line?
So you have about 5 feet of line hanging out, then you just swing it in circles "rolling" and let the line free so it shoots? I dont know anything about fly fishing. :D

Answer to that swallow question... If the swallow were dropped from 20000 feet up from a plane carrying a coconut, it's terminal velocity in an aerodynamic form could be well over 150 mph.

O
osmosis
not even close FS. have you ever whipped an extension cord and seen how the "roll" in the cord travels along the length. Thats closer to what is going on in a roll cast.

F
FishSchooler
osmosis said:
not even close FS. have you ever whipped an extension cord and seen how the "roll" in the cord travels along the length. Thats closer to what is going on in a roll cast.

Thats what I origingally thought until people said they could do it with less than 10 feet behind you... How do you cast in such a tight area (in all directions besides the river)?

K
Kodiak
use the downstream pull of the current to help load your rod, Lift your rod up and across your body, "snap" your line domn and forward..will put a big loop in your line infront of you, causing the loop to "roll" across the river and drop your fly in front of you and across the river.

F
FishSchooler
Oh that way... What if there's people that are drift fishing right next to you and you keep crossing their lines?

O
osmosis
you get sent for a swim with a black eye!

anywhere near people is no place to learn how to cast a fly rod.

you never put the line behind you on a roll cast. search on youtube and I bet you'll find a video of it.

F
FishSchooler
Yeah, so bringing a fly rod to cedar creek wont really be a great idea, unless you hike miles and miles away.

O
osmosis
being new to fly fishing and trying to fish around folks is not a good idea if you intend to make friends or atleast get along.