Coho salmon on the Columbia river

T
Troutier Bassier
Probally a little more should show up tomarrow cause the Small Rain today.

K
Kodiak
Looks like the first of the pumper tide fish are making it to bonnie. was looking and they had 30 something go over....not a lot but its the first of whats to come I'm sure....Should be on the clack and sandy verry soon.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
Looks like the first of the pumper tide fish are making it to bonnie. was looking and they had 30 something go over....not a lot but its the first of whats to come I'm sure....Should be on the clack and sandy verry soon.

Along with 18000 steelhead! Rain sure does do a lot :dance:

So... when is this Coho fishing thing gonna be? :think: Im already spending tons of time twisting spinners and tying leaders.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, When Is it? I want to Join :D

K
Kodiak
mid sept as far as we know..the fish will tell us when it's time.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, Finally get to Practice with a fly rod.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Ok, Finally get to Practice with a fly rod.

I dont know anything about fly fishing, but I dont think there will be enough room at cedar creek unless you want to hike several miles.

T
Troutier Bassier
I dont need 300 Feet behined me to cast, I can drift fish.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I dont need 300 Feet behined me to cast, I can drift fish.

You have about 6-8 feet behind you.
Leave the fly rod at home... please.

Y
youngbuck307
300ft???? why the hell do you need a football feild behind you dont know of any body of water that has that much room behind you

F
FishSchooler
I dont know where 300 feet came from, but you have a forest right behind you (to TB).

K
Kodiak
thats why people roll cast...:D

T
Troutier Bassier
Kodiak said:
thats why people roll cast...:D
Kodiak has been doing his research,

Roll Cast.

And I was exagerating about the 300 feet thing.

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:
Kodiak has been doing his research,

Roll Cast.

And I was exagerating about the 300 feet thing.

Research?..I've been fly fishing long before you were a twinkle in your momma's eye. Let me know when you have your positive and negative curves down kid. Then i'll bust out my rod and show you things books can't teach!..:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
:shock::shock::shock:

Fly Fishing?
I thought you were a Spinnerer for ever?

Please show me your Magic:pray::pray::pray:

K
Kodiak
Spinners have a special place in my heart along with spoons. I learned to flyfish and when I was about 10..so 26yrs of flinging yarn. At one point I even had the elitest snob attitude to go with it...I can look down my nose at people with the best of them..but i got over it. Sure I can teach you..but can you answer the following three questions....Can you study your opponent and understand him?....can you wait and strike when the time is right?....What is the air speed of a swallow carrying a coconut?

F
Fishtopher
I know the answer to number three, but I aint tellin ANYBODY.:tongue:

N
ninja2010
is it an african swallow or ???

K
Kodiak
It couldn't have been African..they are non migratory...But perhaps if two were to grip it by its husk....:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
1. Yes.
2. Yes
3. 34Mph.

Last edited: