Your help is needed....

A
autofisher
The Skunk Rides Again!!!

The Skunk Rides Again!!!

So Raincatcher and I headed up to the North Santiam this morning and had some high hopes of hooking into some fish. As you can tell from the title of this post. Our hopes were dashed. We went 0-2. She hooked into hers about 20 minutes after we got there on a black jig and bobber set up. Needless to say the fish got P**sed OFF and chucked the lure back at her head. Mine came about a hour and a half later using a green spinner. Second cast in, I instantly thought I was snagged. No sooner than my spinner hit the water, my line went tight. So I started getting ready to try to unsnag my line when all of a sudden, the line took off and this monster hopped out of the water and pitched my lure back at me. I'll let Raincatcher tell you more about her fish that got away. After that we didn't even have so much as a nibble.

You know you're havin a crappy fishing season when the Oregon State Trooper that's checking your licenses makes the smartass comment "Nothing?" as he looks at your empty tag. Next time I'm takin dynamite. Just kidding...............................................sort of

T
Troutier Bassier
Most of Newbie Steelhead fisherman think they have a snag when its actually a fish.
Thats why you should always have a Positive additute and expect a fish on Every cast.

A
autofisher
It's not that I don't hope to catch a fish on every cast, but I mean as soon as the spinner hit the water my line went tight. And it's happened before where as soon it went under it got snagged. I hate that. And that's what I thought this time. I was wrong. And before I could even have a chance to be ready to fight the fish in, it spit the spinner

T
Troutier Bassier
I see,
Mustve landed right infront of him then?

A
autofisher
That's what we were guessin. I can tell ya it scared the S**t outta me when I seen it jump.

T
Troutier Bassier
I Understand how it scared you,
I was carp fishing today and I was using a ultralight (Cause I was origonally Bluegill fishing and dident have any other rod) so I hooked a carp on that and It took Sooo much line and it took it soooo fastt.
That in 30 Seconds,
I ran out of 8Lb.
When I got some Line back I found out that the reel broke
so I pulled him in with my hands,
Later I take the reel apart and Noticed that all the Gears were broken and it was a mess.

THAT Scarred me.

K
Kodiak
The fancy midgets didn't concor.....i'm getting the whip and tight wire out:shock:. I'll break out the EXTRA fancy midgets, showponies, cheese grader, fly paper, rubber chicken, and hot water bottle. I will be in a trance for the next 45 mins when i get OFF here.

On a side note, occasionally you will through in that hole, hit a rock, your spinner will come loose and slap a fish in the face and they will go balistic..and once in a while they'll eat it as soon as it drops in front of them....Bumber.

A
autofisher
I hope your method works, cause the special garden gnomes, wax figurines and shakra crystals that I brought didn't do me any good today.

K
Kodiak
autofisher said:
I hope your method works, cause the special garden gnomes, wax figurines and shakra crystals that I brought didn't do me any good today.

ok fish gods just signaled me back...they said they would CONSIDER IT!!!!!!:D
Do you know what that means????? They are thinking about it..it might happen....it's almost as good as ODFW saying "We'll take it under advisement!"...It could happen like sometime..maybe...Did you plant the garden gnomes upside down on the river baank by thier hats?..this is key if not done properly it could be a long day!:think: Or is it the other way around?

A
autofisher
Hats down. I took a shot positioning them that way since the weather had cooled down. If I sacrifice my brother in law, will that make the fish gods happy? He's a big guy, they'll be fed for months.