My first steelhead still awaits me in the water. lurking in the depth

N
ninja2010
the_intimidator03 said:
My first steelhead still awaits me in the water. lurking in the depth

mine too...

T
tnffishman
my first steelhead was on Eagle Creek about 8 or 9 years ago, had to let it go because it had that one extra fin. first keeper was 2 years ago on Eagle Creek

O
Oregonism
This is my first post, so it seemed fitting. I caught my first ever steelhead, which was a summer, on a plug when trying to catch a coho in September. My first winter came when I was actually targeting winters last January. I'd been fishing for them plenty of times, but never really had the confidence and eagerness as I did that time. Caught my second and third two days later, and numerous more in about a month and a half afterwards.

W
waco
good for you oregonism and WELCOME to the fun forum!!!

D
dtikey
Pretty lucky myself that I had 2 guides in my family that got me into fishing and hooked,faught and landed my first 2 steelhead when I was 12 on camp creek off of the McKenzie.Seen them both and fished for them for awhile but wouldn't bite my sandshrimp so my stepdad told me to pop off the head and very next cast big ol cotton mouth sucked it in.Been a passion ever since and just keeps getting stonger.Been at it for 19 years and still learn just by watching.So keep that in mind your out there that sometimes you get more out of watching the people around you than fishing blindly.

B
Big Hairy Dawg
I was sixteen and it was a 12lb hen on the Nestucca the first time someone took me for a drift boat ride. We boated seven fish that day and I caught three. Thought steelhead fishing was easy and soon learned what a "great day" that day really was. Still trying to repeat it after 20 years.
I get one or two now and then but ...hasnt happend like that DAY!