Yo bait fisherman

M
mahmichael
I'm glad that there is this thread and you guys are talking about that. You might not have noticed this and maybe you are used to this. But for someone from a different community/society all this dirt and litter means something. It's not too long that I've been living in the US, but I (and other friends coming with me sometimes) have noticed that the places where people go fishing have more trash than other public places. There is one simple conclusion to that: Fishermen are more ignorant than other people!:confused:! I even got the exact sentence from a friend!
We DON'T want this! :(
:think:

P.S. I'm not saying that where I come from is cleaner than here. In my country it's even worse, but there is no difference between where people go fishing and other public areas!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
mahmichael said:
I'm glad that there is this thread and you guys are talking about that. You might not have noticed this and maybe you are used to this. But for someone from a different community/society all this dirt and litter means something. It's not too long that I've been living in the US, but I (and other friends coming with me sometimes) have noticed that the places where people go fishing have more trash than other public places. There is one simple conclusion to that: Fishermen are more ignorant than other people!:confused:! I even got the exact sentence from a friend!
We DON'T want this! :(
:think:

P.S. I'm not saying that where I come from is cleaner than here. In my country it's even worse, but there is no difference between where people go fishing and other public areas!

These places being more dirty than official public sites has to do with the fact that the public areas have city or county services that are tasked with cleaning up discarded trash. If there weren't public sites would be pretty dirt as well. That said, it's not entirely a great thing that these services exist: It proves the notion that most people (not just sportsmen) are not as clean and tidy as one might think, and allowed people to discard their trash where the stand as someone else will come along to pick it up.

However, there are many citizens who take cleanliness VERY seriously as evidenced b this thread. I am one of those people who will see trash on a city sidewalk and stop to throw it in the garbage bin.

A
autofisher
It's one of those things. The general populous..... lazy. People have been throwing trash on the ground, in the water, and pretty much where ever they could for... who knows how long. It ticks me off when I see it. I don't always pick up other people's trash and I sure as hell try to pick up mine. Some people's parents should be beaten for reproducing. It's not just bait fishermen, it's not even fishermen. People who do this to our fisheries aren't fishermen. They're worthless turds. Doesn't matter what how you fish..... if you make a mess.... Pick your own crap up.

Reactions: beaverfan
N
normanbeats
I will dive after my lures if one gets broke off!! I can't stand lazy tards. I want to say lazy toothless tweekers(they tell you to **** off and don't make any argument), but the worst of the people I notice leaving stuff are usually father/grandfather and kids, or the person rollingup to the fishing hole in an suv with tvs in the back taking thier blond girlfriend in 10lbs of makup and a band new pink fishing pole. The funny part is when you ask them to clean up thier crap they feel they have to save face in front of thier kid and make it seem like you are the bad guy for being a jerk and saying something about it. One time I thought I caught a whopper at either D-lake or Billie Chinook and it turned out to be a stick with a fishing line attached to it, so naturally I start pulling the fishing line up to stuff it in my trash sack. I ended up pulling up almost half a spool and a "broken" reel wish only had some line stuck between the spool and the base. I'm not even gping to get into how bad those army kids treat the on base lakes and rivers at Ft. Lewis......

J
JeannaJigs
stereotypes what? people are ra-tards, but you can't just fly off the handle.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Did you clean up the mess? Its always good to bring along a garbage bag. You also have to take into account where you are fishing. The expo ponds are like a land fill! :D You cannot change those low life people who littler unfortunately.

C
colbypearson
steelhead_stalkers said:
Did you clean up the mess? Its always good to bring along a garbage bag. You also have to take into account where you are fishing. The expo ponds are like a land fill! :D You cannot change those low life people who littler unfortunately.

I pick up trash almost everytime i go, its too bad because thats the expo ponds that i need to take into consideration my location :/

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job! Unfortunately those type of stocker ponds attract the not so clean fisherman. Its the same way at the Junction City pond in Eugene. :(

T
trouthunter92
Not neccesarily garbage but I fished diamond lake llast summer and and a father was fishing with his two kids and one had to crap. So his dad grabs a bucket and says here go ahead. Afteur the kid was done his dad duumped the **** in the lake.... my dad and I were about twenty feet away. How inconsiderate can you get?