Yo bait fisherman

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
halibuthitman said:
Im not anyones mother... pick up your own ****... and im ****ing sick of everyone telling me to pick up after these slobs... unless its a can, and worth money then let the work release prisoners { the same kind of d-bags who litter there and smoke crack } pick it up. And im also sick of hearing about this being some kind of new thing or something done by the new generation.. my grandfather who was born in 1898 told me what a f-ing garbage pit america was before the material drives of world war 2 cleaned up this country... every river was loaded with model a's and tires.. in montana they shoved whole cars in rivers to prevent erosion.. and just dropped anything right where it broke or was no longer needed... look at any farm.. that pile of **** is typical hard working america... the calvary didn't even pick up the bodies of the indians they killed.... and by the way, these ponds are "littered" with invasive species all of you are trying to catch... so what exactly does litter look like? never mind, becouse I wouldn't even bend over to pick it up.. some d-bag will fill the spot again before I even leave... or a major off shore corporation like... ikea- pick up your own ****-

Hey wait I think out filter might be malfunctio--- err wait it's working perfectly, nevermind haha...

H
halibuthitman
shane I picked up garbage for 10 years as a cub scout and boy scout... vandals burned and destroyed my eagle scout projecy 2 years after it was finished.. I worked in the silver valley in kellog on the superfund clean-up, I carried or burned garbage for years I picked up camping hunting and fishing... just yesterday I watched a contractor backfill the foundation of a house with construction waste, I can't eat the fish that live in the river by my own home because of swan island shipyard and the federal goverment, I even have to rake my own yard clear of the guys next doors leafs, since he appears to be incapable of the task.. but won't cut down the trees... I am a life member of trout unlimited, the rocky mountain elk foundation, and have won 2 awards for the amount of commercial fishing waste I have returned to the dock that we caught while working, most just toss it back over. I recycle even though I hate it, I allow nothing to go over the side of my work boat, so when a bunch of guys constantly whine and inform me its my civic duty as a sportsman to pick it up, I simply say Im not a sportsman, I would not want to be associated with those kind of people... and I no longer pick up other peoples trash... but good job to all of you who do, I will however, if given the propper permits will put up a tree stand and shoot litters I see at these locations... and that I would be willing to do for free-

C
colbypearson
halibuthitman said:
when a bunch of guys constantly whine and inform me its my civic duty as a sportsman to pick it up, I simply say Im not a sportsman, I would not want to be associated with those kind of people... and I no longer pick up other peoples trash... but good job to all of you who do, I will however, if given the propper permits will put up a tree stand and shoot litters I see at these locations... and that I would be willing to do for free-

i agree to that, to say we need to pick it up isn't right it shouldnt be a situation in the first place, i dont mind picking up garbage every once in a while but like halibuthitman said soon after another piece of trash will take its place... i wouldnt mind more game wardens and sherrifs to go down there i remember one day they cleared the bank of anglers because almost none of them had fishing licenses in the first place, it was said earlier too you can't walk 100' and not find a garbage can there but when no one is ever there to empty a garbage can what purpose does it serve, it just gets tipped over by some kids or low lifes and spreads it around even more, either way it sucks and i hate looking at it.

D
Drew9870
If I bait fish I usually bring a duffle bag with what I need, Gatorade, Bait, Tackle, Fresh Water (Summer), and if I am Carp fishing, more bait.

No reason why everything (wrappers, containers, cig butts) cannot fit back into the duffle bag when it's empty/gone, Bread Bags, Corn Cans, Boilie Bags, I could go on for days.

A lot of us clean out or reorganize our packs after every trip or three anyways, so it is no biggie to have some extra things that need to be removed.

P
Phil_Bud
Throbbit _Shane said:
not a bad idea. im down. kokanne power of oregon, cleans them once a year i think. but they do it from the banks. if were out there in boats we could do a much better job.
Yeah for sure Shane. I try to do it everywhere I go...its bad on the rogue in some places too.

P
Phil_Bud
halibuthitman said:
Im not anyones mother... pick up your own ****... and im ****ing sick of everyone telling me to pick up after these slobs... unless its a can, and worth money then let the work release prisoners { the same kind of d-bags who litter there and smoke crack } pick it up. And im also sick of hearing about this being some kind of new thing or something done by the new generation.. my grandfather who was born in 1898 told me what a f-ing garbage pit america was before the material drives of world war 2 cleaned up this country... every river was loaded with model a's and tires.. in montana they shoved whole cars in rivers to prevent erosion.. and just dropped anything right where it broke or was no longer needed... look at any farm.. that pile of **** is typical hard working america... the calvary didn't even pick up the bodies of the indians they killed.... and by the way, these ponds are "littered" with invasive species all of you are trying to catch... so what exactly does litter look like? never mind, becouse I wouldn't even bend over to pick it up.. some d-bag will fill the spot again before I even leave... or a major off shore corporation like... ikea- pick up your own ****-

Hey buddy if I feel like going out and picking up some trash I have that right to do so...just as much as you have the right to reply what you did. So heres my reply. When i see the signature above your avatar saying VIP and look at how many posts you have I dont expect such a reply from you...someone who should be setting a better example to younger anglers on the sight...especially in a subject like trash clean up...and with your history picking up trash...lol wow VIP haah NOT! As long as theres fisherman there will be garbage...getting mad wont get it picked up

Last edited:
T
todd
Phil_Bud said:
Hey buddy if I feel like going out and picking up some trash I have that right to do so...just as much as you have the right to reply what you did. So heres my reply. When i see the signature above your avatar saying VIP and look at how many posts you have I dont expect such a reply from you...someone who should be setting a better example to younger anglers on the sight...especially in a subject like trash clean up...and with your history picking up trash...lol wow VIP haah NOT! As long as theres fisherman there will be garbage...getting mad wont get it picked up

i agree, i can't beleave what i was reading. halibuthitman should get booted from this forum.hes making me want to litter,everyone else is doing it i guess. and there is no hope. wow.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
HalibutHitMan is entitled to his opinion. You may not realize it, but you all feel the very same way about the issue: You all feel you are correct.

You all are equally within your right to express that belief.

S
skunk
halibuthitman said:
shane I picked up garbage for 10 years as a cub scout and boy scout... vandals burned and destroyed my eagle scout projecy 2 years after it was finished.. I worked in the silver valley in kellog on the superfund clean-up, I carried or burned garbage for years I picked up camping hunting and fishing... just yesterday I watched a contractor backfill the foundation of a house with construction waste, I can't eat the fish that live in the river by my own home because of swan island shipyard and the federal goverment, I even have to rake my own yard clear of the guys next doors leafs, since he appears to be incapable of the task.. but won't cut down the trees... I am a life member of trout unlimited, the rocky mountain elk foundation, and have won 2 awards for the amount of commercial fishing waste I have returned to the dock that we caught while working, most just toss it back over. I recycle even though I hate it, I allow nothing to go over the side of my work boat, so when a bunch of guys constantly whine and inform me its my civic duty as a sportsman to pick it up, I simply say Im not a sportsman, I would not want to be associated with those kind of people... and I no longer pick up other peoples trash... but good job to all of you who do, I will however, if given the propper permits will put up a tree stand and shoot litters I see at these locations... and that I would be willing to do for free-

Just remember to get the shell casings picked up and then that sounds like a plan! :)

C
colbypearson
i was browsing my pictured on my phone and realized while standing in the middle i took a picture of my left witch i posted but discovered i took a picture of my right too haha thought i would post both sides.... unfortunately its not better :mad:

176202_1414210374204_1800903334_778477_613873_o.jpg

it would really be awesome to get the rules enforced harder, i dont want people to have to act on theyre morals here anymore because obviously that doesn't work.... i want to see them get a few community service hours if they get caught littering picking up similar locations that they pollute.. :rolleyes:

D
Darthbeans
Having seen this place and many others like it first hand is really upsetting for sure.......so much so that the wife has been looking into and is serious about starting a eco friendly worm buisness the cup will dissolve in 30-60 days and are made from plant fiber so its not harmful to the fishery either. I just wish that the idea came to her from something other than our favorite haunts being littered.....once she is up and running i'll post the info on price and all that.

N
Ntofishing
Well it looks like this is pretty much a consensus that we all hate the trash in lakes or ponds. I would suggest that when we are down in these area's that are most effected by this type of laziness that we make sure we let people know that it is unexceptable to do this. If we just pick up after them it doesn't get the point across to them but if we are vocal about the situation they might realize that there are people out there that don't like this behavior. To be clear I am not saying to get into fights over it but just to let them know that you notice the situation and don't care for it. Then maybe the next time it gets cleaned up it would stay that way.

U
UGLYSTICKER
wow, i'm glad the JCP don't look like that. thank goodness for the few good ppl that go on litter patrols with garbage bags i've even seen them pick up big wads of tangled line.

troutdude
troutdude
The SOB's that pollute our state waters like what I saw in that pic, ought to be thrown in with their damn trash. Then, made to clean it up, pay a fine, and if they get caught a second time...jail time...period. That really raises my hackles!

U
UGLYSTICKER
troutdude said:
The SOB's that pollute our state waters like what I saw in that pic, ought to be thrown in with their damn trash. Then, made to clean it up, pay a fine, and if they get caught a second time...jail time...period. That really raises my hackles!

they ought to make jailbirds pick up garbage maybe our jails will be less crowded then and more affordable.

T
TTFishon
UGLYSTICKER said:
they ought to make jailbirds pick up garbage maybe our jails will be less crowded then and more affordable.

They used to for the state prisoners but that program got cut last year. :mad:

U
UGLYSTICKER
TTFishon said:
They used to for the state prisoners but that program got cut last year. :mad:

that don't suprize me....i guess i'll start packin a garbage bag with me. if i want something done i should do it myself anyway.

Last edited:
F
FishFiddle
So far this year, every time I have found a bunch of beer cans there has been several worm containers along side. Ugly!!

U
UGLYSTICKER
FishFiddle said:
So far this year, every time I have found a bunch of beer cans there has been several worm containers along side. Ugly!!

did you pick it up? or did you leave it for someone else to complain about it?

O
OnTheFly
FishFiddle said:
Beer drinkers don't litter. Bait fishermen don't litter. Fly fishermen don't litter. Only ignorant people litter.