Wire forming tools

F
fishin_fool
I'm looking into buying a wire former to make some spinners and looking for suggestions on which is the best and economical in everyones opinion. I have used the one made by the Worth and seems to work ok but is there a better one out there. Thanks

Mike

M
metalmania
I use a leadmaster and it works fine for me:D. Got it for like 15 bucks at bc angling.

F
fishin_fool
Metal Thanks I will look into that one.

F
fishin_fool
anyfish Thanks to you to Looks like I will have to look into these pliers really seriously.

F
Fishtopher
Here is what I use.

100_1276resz.jpg

Both work great for me.

F
fishin_fool
Fishtopher Thanks a lot more people using pliers than I expected with all those supposedly easy to use wire forming tools out there

F
FishSchooler
I use 1 pair of needle nose (no round nose or anything), a wrench like pair of pliers, and a tiny screwdriver. Not the best loops, but they are fine.

A
Anyfishisfine
fishin_fool said:
anyfish Thanks to you to Looks like I will have to look into these pliers really seriously.

I finally got to play with it last night. I think with practice it will do fine. In reality, a nice pair of round-nose pliers would do the job too, but a special-built tool is nice for the thought-out extras. Like the split-ring pliers (the hook in the nose of the pliers). Those will come in handy.

F
fishin_fool
Anyfishisfine said:
Like the split-ring pliers (the hook in the nose of the pliers). Those will come in handy.

Now the question comes to mind split rings to attach hooks or not

O
osmosis
I prefer to build hooks into the loops on spinners. the split rings are for wobblers, and plugs, ect.

F
fish_4_all
I use Siwash hooks with an open eye for mine. Don't like building the hook onto the spinner for storage and tangle reasons. Personally I use 2 different wire tools to make mine. One has the solid block at the twisting spot and the other has the slot. I use the solid for making the bottom loop and the slotted to make the top.

U
umpquariverbank
Where to buy?

Where to buy?

Can anyone help me find a location to buy spinner componets and a wire tool.

Thanks
Schlitz for State Senate