Winters...

C
ChezJfrey
SteelmonKiller20 said:
There is no winters in the Clackamas... I repeat, there is NO WINTER STEELHEAD in the Clackamas.

How about if from now on, I refer to them as non-summers? Will that work? ;)

H
halibuthitman
SteelmonKiller20 said:
There is no winters in the Clackamas... I repeat, there is NO WINTER STEELHEAD in the Clackamas.

I think you and I had a discussion of what these fish really were, and their destination... didn't we? I certainly don't want to talk about it on here though-

O
OnTheDrop
Haha.

I'm floating it Tuesday and Wednesday.. Kind of tradition every mid November.. It usually never yields a Winter, just either Fall Natives or skinny Summers...

I don't know why though, I'm feeling rather optimistic that I will have a picture of a black and white, hard bodied winter come Wednesday evening..

D
DrTheopolis
SteelmonKiller20 said:

My catch statistics from last year shouldn't be the basis of whether or not there's winters there (although in my defense, I was laid up and didn't get out much).

My buddy drifted it yesterday -- said he didn't touch or see a steelie, but saw a bunch of large coho still. Same buddy boated several this time last year, all with adipose intact. My experience is that there is indeed a native fall run -- they're well before the winters (which are a late run on the Clack), and any bright fish caught this time of year all have the highfin.

Just my (overvalued) $0.02. But I do know I've caught November fish there over the years (and never got into any "red hot" fishing, unless you find some old summers holding up).

O
OnTheDrop
Change of plans.. Will be partaking next week..