Wily keeper sturgeon

S

steelheader19

hey does somebody know if the willy will be open of the retention of keeper sturgeon??:think:

T

todd_brooks

I talked to a stater on Saturday and he said their was no way it would stay open.

J

JeannaJigs

Yesterday I was told by a biologist doing creel surveying at cathedral park, that it was almost most definitely going to be a negatory good buddy on the sturgeon.

T

the_intimidator03

so just to make sure im reading all this right... above the falls on the willy, no quota? sturgeon retention all year?

T

the_intimidator03

well I do recall reading some information on it altho not sure where BUT around harrisburg I believe it was they used to stock sturgeon in the willy. I have heard of them being caught all the way up to Dexter Dam on the middle fork willy,

M

mikeredding

well I do recall reading some information on it altho not sure where BUT around harrisburg I believe it was they used to stock sturgeon in the willy. I have heard of them being caught all the way up to Dexter Dam on the middle fork willy,

I know they get them at Dexter. I saw one caught there many years ago. I was just wondering if there is a way for them to get past they falls or not. Obviously there is enough fish above the falls to sustain a season so I would think that there is a way.

F

fish4life

If you google it you will find out some info on it. They allow a private hatchery to take two or three female sturgeon to spawn in exchange the state gets half of the sturgeon fry. They plant them in at harrisburg from what I understand this is still going on.

B

beaverfan

There is a fish ladder and a locks on the Willamette at the falls. They were also stocked at one time.

Oh and it's official now, retention is now closed on the lower Willy.

G

GDBrown

......Oh and it's official now, retention is now closed on the lower Willy.

So now it's OK for us to go out and catch an Oversize fish, right? How about tomorrow.? Does the timing of the tides make a difference when we need to be out there? If I go to Hagg this afternoon and catch some stockers could we use them for sturgeon bait with a little scent added?

Top Bottom