Wilson river 1-16-10

O
OnTheDrop
Yeah me and m y buddy are gunna be there but we are not sure when we are getting up there

W
wheredafish??
I would be interested in your waders my name is Bill Vincent my number is 503-438-6656

L
lilsalmon
I will be there

S
steelhead_stalkers
I think we will be there as well, unless the wives put an end to it. We will be fishing Friday as well so who knows how they will react!! :lol:

W
wheredafish??
Where at on the Wilson

Where at on the Wilson

I dont know the Wilson very well. Where is the event on the 16th going to be. I will need some directions, I am planning on going I would like to meet a few of the folks on here.It seems like a great website with a lot of good people.

A
autofisher
We're meeting up at the Smith Homestead Day Use Area. You shouldn't be able to miss us. There's going to be a lot. But there is also an interactive map that you can find for the event too. Check either the Wilson section out, Lonnie Bird Memorial Drift Off Revisited, or Lookin for a few drifters threads to find out more.

The day use area is right by the Jones Creek Campground.....if you can find that.... you're golden.

O
OnTheDrop
So what all happens at the drift off? Everyone just meets up and then takes there seperate ways or what?

A
autofisher
There's actually a lot going on. There's a fishing competition using Pop-A-Top Yarn to win some Pop-A-Top yarn. We'll fish until about 3 and then head to Main Street Pizza in Banks for food, raffle and hanging out. You don't have to fish in a large group, but if you're going to do the competition you'll need a partner. Otherwise, it's all about being on the water and having a good time in order to help out a cause.

L
lilsalmon
steelhead_stalkers said:
I think we will be there as well, unless the wives put an end to it. We will be fishing Friday as well so who knows how they will react!! :lol:

So, I am donating a set of 6 baskets for the raffle...cross your fingers you win that in the raffle. That gives you 6 days of fishing and bringing home a "honey sorry I been fishin" gift. :D Women love baskets. ;)

O
OnTheDrop
hey could you explain a little more about the competition?

T
Thuggin4Life
autofisher said:
We're meeting up at the Smith Homestead Day Use Area. You shouldn't be able to miss us. There's going to be a lot. But there is also an interactive map that you can find for the event too. Check either the Wilson section out, Lonnie Bird Memorial Drift Off Revisited, or Lookin for a few drifters threads to find out more.
The day use area is right by the Jones Creek Campground.....if you can find that.... you're golden.

A
autofisher
Sure. When we all meet up and what not, I'll ask everyone who is participating in the Pop-A-Top competition to meet me over at my car. There I'll write down everyone who's participating in the competition and who thier partner(s) are going to be. The rules are simple. In order to win one of the prizes, you'll need to fair catch a fish using the yarn, yarn ball whatever you choose. The three awards for it are going to be the biggest fish, first fish, and most fish average on a team. So if you have 4 people and they catch 15 fish between them...... they're average 3.75 fish and they split the prize. Any other questions feel free. Oh and there is also a secret prize and award. Can't tell you how to win that one....otherwise it won't be a secret

T
Thuggin4Life
Oh so if the fish wasn't caught on the popatop yarn it don't count? And I thought it was teams of 2.

S
steelheadstalker31
Has anyone looked at the river level forecast recently? The one I checked looked bad for Saturday.

J
JeannaJigs
looked good yesterday when i looked at it, was supposed to peak out at 8 foot today and be on the drop through sunday. Now the weather has changed, so it's lookin' like a rapid rise saturday morning, but it's still not going to be much more than 8 feet, which isn't bad. Just means the water will have some color. Have fished worse conditions than that before.

B
beaverfan
That is really odd. If you look at the graph it looks like its going to be high, but where is the rain going to come from. It's not projected to rain a whole lot till Saturday evening.

T
Thuggin4Life
If you follow a river daily on the charts then you will notice that predictions are just that, predictions.

W
WormDangle0602
ill be there!!

A
autofisher
Thuggin4Life said:
Oh so if the fish wasn't caught on the popatop yarn it don't count? And I thought it was teams of 2.

It is teams of 2. But if there ends up being a lot of people and a couple of people who don't have partners.... we need to be willing to include them too.

That's just the Pop-A-Top portion of the event. If you want to win the Pop-A-Top prizes, the fish have to be caught on the yarn.

T
Thuggin4Life
Guess I better get a bunch corkies tied up so I will have all the colors to go with your yarn. You don't care if we use other yarn with your yarn do you or will it offend you. Guees i'll make sure your yarn is present in every rig even when I use roe. Oh what colors of yarn do you have and how much ar you giving out like 2 inches of every color to ever person or what?