Wilson 11/7

F
FishTastic
skunk said:
How do you rig and fish the spin and glo? Thanks

here are a couple of my favorite ways to rig the spin n glo.

tie an egg loop leader and make the leader 18-24" after the hook has been tied and snugged. put one or two beads in front of the hook and slide the spin n glo down to the beads. Tie the leader to your swivel and crimp a section of hollow pencil lead on to the tag line. add yarn or eggs or sand shrimp to the egg loop and drif through fast water in to tail outs and over deep holding water.

Tie your mainline to a three way swivel, tie a 16" dropper line to one of the other eyes of the swivel and then tie a 1-3 ounce cannon ball weight to the dropper. Tie and egg loop hook on a 3/0 or 4/0 red hook, make the leader 22-28" long. Put a bead or two in front of the hook and the a magnum spin n glo in front of the beads, tie this leader to the only eye available on the three way swivel. Bait the egg loop hook with a sand shrimp or some eggs, gently lob in moderate current in deep fish travel lanes and hang on tight.:D

S
skunk
Thanks for the tips, now, to find time to get out and try them :)

F
FishTastic
skunk said:
Thanks for the tips, now, to find time to get out and try them :)

Yeah I know what you mean. Two days in a row I have been scrooged on fishing. Yesterday was the worst. I got off work early 3:00pm had everything in the truck already, hauled straight to my favorite hole, was actually sunny when I arrived at 3:45pm, got my gear out and rigged up. Hiked to the hole, baited my hook and then it all fell apart, the sky turned a nasty dark color and the thunder boomed and the rain fell like nothing I had seen. I made 4 casts the shelter of a 7 foot fir tree. all of a sudden the water went from deep green to a chocolate brown. I had been there all of 10 minutes and I was completely soaked. What a day. :rolleyes: