Willamette valley crappie

troutdude
troutdude
Is there such a thing these days, as a Non-Polluted lake?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Drew9870 said:
Carp in the coastal lakes, I don't think so, I've been fishing Siltcoos since I was able to walk, and I have never heard of Carp or seen them in there, lots of gas bubbles though, which looks like feeding Carp, Largescale Suckers might be your Carp. Devils Lake is the only place with Carp, and they are stocked + illegal to target, so that doesn't count, lol.

And for Crappie in Siltcoos, good luck finding a meals worth, Crappie seem to be extinct in that lake since the flood of 96, once in a great while you can find a school, but you would have to be dedicated to the lake for that to happen.

Perch are another story, coastal lakes are the place to go, but Siltcoos is also not doing too well for the Perch fishery, Munsel Lake gets much deeper, and has no shortage of Perch, nice Rainbows in there as well, just be careful about the Bull Trout.

No offense, bur just because you've not caught a particular species from a certain body of water, doesn't mean that no one has :)

T
TeamRamRod
Ive caught Crappie on the Willamette. Most of the time I was bass fishin, and they just found there way to my hook. haha. Hit structure. Fallin limbs, rock walls, docks, thats where ive had all my luck. Pretty simple stuff. Meldrum bar in Gladstone, and Elk Rock in Milwaukie has been the best crappie fishin for me. Best of luck to ya. Let er buck!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
adambomb said:
Molalla river state park in Canby has a series of 3 or 4 small ponds that are teeming with bluegill and black crappie. There are also some large mouth bass and warm mouth in some of them too. Be sure to sharpen your ninja casting skills as the shorelines are super thick. I pulled a couple dozen 12"ers out of there last summer and they tasted great!

TEEMING....... :rolleyes:
if thats the case you pulled all of them out as i have hit those ponds 3 times this year with my son and there were none to catch not worms crawlers jigs or spinners not only that you can not see them cruising around on the sunny days there were none to catch....:(