Willamette Sturgeon near falls

H
halibuthitman
I got checked in the channel yesterday, but they were too lazy to go 50 more feet over to the bank to check the 2 guys bank fishing... one with 2 poles.:think: if they stop letting us catch and release I guess im gonna have to do a lot of trophy channel cat fishing with my sturgeon gear.;) But I wouldn't take the word of a columbia county sherriff on ANY game law. The regs clearly state where and when you can catch a sturgeon. and that officer is wrong. I will follow a no catch and release law as soon as they shut down the wall and make it illegal to fish sturgeon in water over 55 ft deep, and the native gillnet sturgeon season, and kill about 45 sealions at bonneville.

S
STURGEON FEAR
Ya i spent 2 hours on the phone with the state police super. And the odfw and they both said u can keep sturg. Above the falls 7 days a week but below the falls is 3 days a week and i have printed all the special regs. As well as the general regs. For sturg. To take with me the state super told me to take it with me just in case he stated that they are usually the last to know of reg. Changes go figure!!

B
beaverfan
Wait you found it in the regs? Where at? I have looked all over the place.

S
STURGEON FEAR
The special regs are on the odfw page

S
STURGEON FEAR
Go onto there page and look under special regs. And willy and it states the 3 day retention for belowe the fallls only after i found that i called to verify and was told that it is correct 3 days below the falls but general is above