Willamette River Multnomah channel plunking

C
chinookless
Has anyone had any luck out at the MC? I have gone three days without a single bite. I am using the standard plunking setup with scent. Any suggestions on what size spin n glo? Color? Thanks!

plumbertom
plumbertom
I've been doing the same thing here in Eugene with no success.
I was advised here on the forum to use a spin-n-glo just large enough to float the bait.
But don't take my word, when it comes to salmon I'm a novice in the learning how to stage and I'm still to get my first hook up.

C
chinookless
Where have you been going in Eugene? I am fairly new to salmon fishing as well. Thanks for the response.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Just down to the river and fishing where I can access the water from the bank.

T
Toyracer38
Think I use size 2. Ones that are just a little bigger than the diameter of a quarter. I use the next size down for steelhead. Been so slow, haven't noticed a trend this year for colors. I did lose a couple on green and blue metallic. Saw one landed saturday on chrome with a chartreuse top. For steelhead, ya can't go wrong with watermelon. I also bait my glo's, with coon shrimp.

C
chinookless
Toyracer38 said:
Think I use size 2. Ones that are just a little bigger than the diameter of a quarter. I use the next size down for steelhead. Been so slow, haven't noticed a trend this year for colors. I did lose a couple on green and blue metallic. Saw one landed saturday on chrome with a chartreuse top. For steelhead, ya can't go wrong with watermelon. I also bait my glo's, with coon shrimp.

Thanks Toyracer, I would have to agree it has been really slow. I have not seen any boats hook up really besides 2. Any luck using a kwikfish?

C
chinookless
Also, is plunking for steelhead the same as plunking for salmon?

T
Toyracer38
Yes, steelhead are exactly the same, just cast to shallower water. Quicks can be great. You can replace glo's with quicks, or use one on a slider. Often I wrap mine with tuna or sardine..