Wickiup open

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Lol yeah. I was invited to the little guys only campout. That's how rad I am. Lol.

Well, if he camps where we camped last year you will be in the trees and out of the wind and it won't be that bad. I wish I could be there dangit, but things got switched around this year. Oh well, I'll be there a couple of weeks after opening and hopefully it won't be as much of a zoo as opening. lol

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah it will be fun last year wasn't too bad at all. this sounds a bit colder. too funny TT i remember. Talked to twin lakes today sounds like there is a bit of snow on the ground right now. if any one is going say what up.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah no telling where we will end up. Going up Friday night. Ive never camped there. It will be an experience lol.

T
TTFishon
Good times, good times. Yeah Jeanna, I think you'll like it there.

B
Bad Tuna
I imagine it will look like this for the opener

photo.jpg
I don't know anything about the pic other than it was a guy fishing in Oregon.

troutdude
troutdude
Holy Freezer Batman!

I would've been afraid of slipping on the snow on the floorboard, and quickly sinking to the bottom w/ all of that gear on!

Man, that is one dedicated fisher peep.

Umm...where was he fishing in Oregon, that you can't see land on the horizon? Or, was the land simply cropped out of the pic?

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
Uhm so I'm okay with the freezing hypothermia cold...but, there's one thing I CANNOT DEAL WITH...

Peeing in the bushes.

Does anyone know where there's some bathrooms? Maybe TTFishon...since you know where we're gonna be camping?

This is very, very important. I can't just pee on a tree like you men folk.....You just don't know how lucky you are. Beer input means there will be output...I'm willing to drive to get to them lol.

T
Thuggin4Life
That would be ryan daniels from ifish and trophytrouthunter.com in pursuit of some legendary brown trout. My guess would be crescent lake.

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Uhm so I'm okay with the freezing hypothermia cold...but, there's one thing I CANNOT DEAL WITH...

Peeing in the bushes.

Does anyone know where there's some bathrooms? Maybe TTFishon...since you know where we're gonna be camping?

This is very, very important. I can't just pee on a tree like you men folk.....You just don't know how lucky you are. Beer input means there will be output...I'm willing to drive to get to them lol.

www.bumperdumper.com :lol::lol::lol::lol:...ha

or Wally World sells porta potties...
:cool:
:lol::lol:
:clap::clap:

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:

Peeing in the bushes.

Your only hope is Twin Lakes resort. They also have showers, washers and dryers. My guess is you will want them too if it is miserably cold. Trust me. Been there, done that!!!!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:

Peeing in the bushes.

I'm 99% sure this is where we camped last year. Google Maps There's a pay camping not too far away with out houses. If it's dark bring a flash light. Google Maps There's water there too. The road to the campground is that short road on the right. Hope this helps. If they're not open then you're going to have to go to the resort which is here Google Maps

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
I forgot to mention that the resort is between Wickiup and S Twin Lake.

T
Thuggin4Life
ted send me your email i have cool map i made for you to laugh at. never driven up to far pastthe roads went went down to get firewood on so i marked the outhouses i know of that we use from the boat when we out on the lake. gonna try to get to that 99% spot again.

T
TTFishon
PM sent.
I think there's another outhouse at that campground around the corner back towards Davis lake at the Lava camp ground. You can see the road at the edge of the lava Google Maps

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
PM sent.
I think there's another outhouse at that campground around the corner back towards Davis lake at the Lava camp ground. You can see the road at the edge of the lava Google Maps

Yes!! There is! Or used to be. I camped there last year. Forgot about that one. Hope it's open...

Thanks for all the input on places to go lol. Its super important :)

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Yes!! There is! Or used to be. I camped there last year. Forgot about that one. Hope it's open...

Thanks for all the input on places to go lol. Its super important :)

Hey, no problem Jeanna, I understand.

W
Wick1up
Ill be there opening weekend and yes my party and I will be tent camping it. A few years back it got down to 12 degrees in the tent, It can't be worse than that. Bring on the weather and the Kok's. ODFW says things are still a go as of now, I dont see them pushing the date back now since the ice is off the lake. Bring it on. Ill be the crazy b*****d with the white pro steelheader, feel free to say hello.

Steve

S
stream2.5
u guys keep one or 2 browns in the lake for me will ya..... to busy to sneek up there for the weekend but ill be goin up later... so no hogging the big uns...

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I'm stocking up on propane. I'll be the girl hugging the heater.

S
Sinkline

Last edited: