Where's the fish

G
grampa ron
The fishimg really sucked on Wedensday even tho it was just stocked. Friends of mine went Thursday and caught a lot of fish under 8". I went yesterday, C&R at least 20 dinks and caught and kept 1 large. All were caught fly fishing. The state cop was there yesterday. I talked to him about so many under size fish. He will write tickets for fish under 8", although he didn't bother to look at any stringers. Everyone should call ODFW and complain about all the under size fish. Call Jeff Ziller at 541-726-3515 for Alton Baker and Alex at 541-757-4186 for Junction City pond. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

R
riverman1
Jeanna, I totally agree with your ideas on where the fish go. There was a time just behind the stadium (canel), where there is now a large dead tree (dog park side), I caught 80 trout in about 3 hours,I believe it was around 1998 . But over time as we all know the rivers and canels change. Congratulations on your walk in Sept I give you a lot of credit. I believe I have seen you walking the area.Today I will be heading up to Dexter, for trout and smallmouth, a little early in the season, but its supposed to be a nice day, and want to get the boat out.

R
riverman1
up till the last stocking I had no problems. I must have caught 15-20 between 14-18 inches,if not more,in fact was able to get one steelhead around the 24 inch size. Guess that's why they call it fishing? I have run into a lot of great people around Alton and hope to continue, tight lines to you.

T
The Reel Man
Thank you for the info. Jeanna. I've helped when I can to Help with the fight against Breast Cancer. I've had Family & Friends with this & so far I believe they are all survivors.:clap: I am always walking in prayer for this and contribute if my social security allows. I get broke fast these days & Alton is about the only place I can Fish & relax. I do not have to catch fish. It is just a bonus once in awhile. I am proud to know what you are doing for this Painful Cancer. Very Proud. :)

J
JeannaJigs
riverman1 said:
Jeanna, I totally agree with your ideas on where the fish go. There was a time just behind the stadium (canel), where there is now a large dead tree (dog park side), I caught 80 trout in about 3 hours,I believe it was around 1998 . But over time as we all know the rivers and canels change. Congratulations on your walk in Sept I give you a lot of credit. I believe I have seen you walking the area.Today I will be heading up to Dexter, for trout and smallmouth, a little early in the season, but its supposed to be a nice day, and want to get the boat out.

Yeah I haven't fished it since about '95 LOL, so I'm sure things have changed some. I know they stock it more NOW than they did THEN, however. We used to drop in an inflatable raft in the canal and row up to the big pond. Some good times back when. I've been walking all over lately, haha and will be doing a heck of a lot more of it between now and september, if I follow the schedule I have written down now it totals at 750 miles. These poor shoes.

The Reel Man said:
Thank you for the info. Jeanna. I've helped when I can to Help with the fight against Breast Cancer. I've had Family & Friends with this & so far I believe they are all survivors.:clap: I am always walking in prayer for this and contribute if my social security allows. I get broke fast these days & Alton is about the only place I can Fish & relax. I do not have to catch fish. It is just a bonus once in awhile. I am proud to know what you are doing for this Painful Cancer. Very Proud. :)

I know for a fact that my Mom is only alive today because of advances made in detection, chemotherapy and radiation treatment funded in part by grants from the Susan G. Komen foundation. Treatments my Mom received, didn't even exist when my Grandmother was diagnosed. It's something that is very near and dear to my heart, and something I'm very passionate about. I am glad to hear that those in your life touched by this disease are survivors, that's what it's all about.

R
riverman1
Good morning group, I gave up on Alton yesterday and took a trip to Dexter, trolled and wind drifted for about 3 hours,caught one trout about 16 inches,was really looking for smallmouth,OH Well!

G
grampa ron
I went AB yesterday. Got 1 dink. It's over for now. Maybe the big pond holds something.

T
The Reel Man
Oh well, you were just hoping for a frost bite on smallies. It should not be to long if it keeps warming. I might still put my boat in Dexter & play keeping warm. Might even fly fish as it nears evening if I stay that long. Later in the week probably. I think I will target just trout though :)
:think:

J
jayreedy
Is anyone going to be fishing the canal around the park this morning? Email me at jaysonreedy@gmail.com and let's get together and fish.

T
The Reel Man
I mainly only fish the afternoon they stock or next day. There are not many left since a few people down there do not believe in the 5 fish rule. Sad. Hope Karma comes upon them. I believe some of us know who they are. :-( Anyway i am still busy doing reels so others can still fish.

C
Chelsea.Fishing.Mama
jayreedy said:
Is anyone going to be fishing the canal around the park this morning? Email me at jaysonreedy@gmail.com and let's get together and fish.

Thanks for sharing this forum!