Where to go near Portland?

D
DrTheopolis
Seahawkfan said:
What were you using for bait?

I wasn't there, and don't know the guy, but I'm willing to bet at least part of the time, he used diving Rapalas.

L
Lincoln
For lures I tried all black Panther Martin, all gold PM, Mack's fuzzy fly spinner thing, about five different Rapala's from minnow size to the bigger articulated ones, and a chartreuse and green Rooster Tail.
For bait I used Lemon-Lime, Pink-white, fluorescent orange, white garlic, clear-white garlic, chartreuse, fluorescent yellow and bubblegum Powerbait eggs. I also tried Mikes Salmon eggs under a float in garlic, cheese and shrimp flavors with live night crawlers chunks.
I am pretty sure that I tried a couple of other things that I am forgetting right now, I was using two poles and changing bait every 10-15 minutes and I was there for about 5 hours.

S
Seahawkfan
Wow, you pretty much threw everything at them. Aren't Rapala's more for bass fishing?

N
newtofly
Thanks again for all the replies. I ended up not having as much time as I had hoped. Was able to go check out Faraday for a hour or so. Mainly just threw some streamers out with no luck. Now back in the CO and looking forward to getting out around here soon!