Where to fish in Denver?

S
sportsmanlio
I'll be taking a business trip to Denver in two weeks, and the first day I'm there I have about 6 hours free. I'd like to go fishing, but I won't have a car, and I'd like to see if anyone knows a guide in the area? I'd gladly pay extra to be picked up, but I want to fish for a species I've never caught before: walleye, pike, tiger muskie, or any true catfish.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Chromatose
Chromatose
Good Luck with the Species your trying to target in the Denver Area.

H
hvacr1
Bummer you don't have a car because there is some serious trout streams in colorado not too far from denver just over the front range. My personal favorite was always the big thompson river (brown trout) below lake estes which is in estes park. South platte river is a pretty good spot ask about the section called the dream stream (10lb rainbows) if you find a guide they will know where your talking about or cheeseman canyon in deckers. But since your going to to be limited to the local rivers and impoundments. For walleye my suggestion would be cherry creek reservoir (denver) or chatfield reservoir (littleton) best fishing is at night. The best place for pike stage coach reservoir IMO (steamboat springs) You can always try quincy reservoir state record tiger muskie (aurora) it is seasonal like hagg lake not sure if it will still be open when your there . Those are just a few to get you started. Most guides in colorado are focused mainly on fly fishing for trout. We have much more diverse guides in colorado.

Reactions: Raincatcher
L
LivinItUpCO
Your best bet right now is walleye, the cats are going to start getting sluggish and I have friends here in denver that have put in countless days to get their tiger...with 6 hours the odds are no tiger, just a skunk. BUT walleye is your answer, try looking up Nate Zelinsky. He guides for walleye on Chatfield Res and he is a local legend. Not sure if he does half days and I believe he gets booked for most of the year, he is that good. I'm assuming you're not fly fishing? If you had more time I would take you banking for walleye myself! Send me a message if you want, I live here in Denver but lurk on this site.

Reactions: eugene1
C_Run
C_Run
Did you go and how was it?