Where are all the fishing reports???

D
Damon79
Hey all,
I am curious about something..We finally got this sub forum for everyone to post reports from the Slaw, and I guess nobody is fishing it. I see no less than 6 boats heading down there every morning on my way to work, some one must be fishing.... Thinking about hitting the river soon, hope there is a good number of fish to be caught. Good luck and tight lines to all..

brandon4455
im thinking people are catching fish, just not saying anything so it dosent get packed

R
rippin fish lips
or there out fishing not catching a thing. or they could be out catching fish, with a report followed a couple weeks later.

jhop111
I fished the Slaw by Whit for 3 days, monday through Weds and nobody caught a single steelhead. Trap was empty when I looked yesterday also. I am headed tomorrow early and fishing til around 11. Hoping that a bit of rain will bring them in.

H
hawgslayer
Fishing is slooow on the slaw right now. There were a small number of fish from the first high water event, and since then it's been here and there. Not a single fish has been cleaned from the trap according to STEP. This rain should do the trick. River is over 8ft today, but won't start really relaxing until mid-end next week.

jhop111
I hit it again today from 9 to 11 and the water wasn't too bad. It had a lot of debris floating but the color wasn't horrible considering how fast it came up. Anyway, seen 4 boats and maybe 6 bankies nobody had anything that I had talked to. I had one tail slap at my feet and that was the most action I had. If we luck out on the rain I will hit it monday. If it gets blown out I will skip over to lake creek and fish then be back on the slaw probably weds or whenever it comes back down.

S
Santiam338
I floated Monday and Tuesday...Between the 2 days only one pull down...Waiting for something..Not sure what,but something..LOL

P
plumb2fish
3-9 today...too bad its gonna blow out, they are finally here

jhop111
I stopped by yesterday and yes the river was pretty high and muddy. BUT there were fish in the trap, and even more fish above the trap. I counted 5 in the trap, and 2 dozen that made it past the trap. Half of them were chrome. So They are there. River will hit ten feet today and I will be there in 20 minutes until later today. Stop by and say howdy I am the guy in the white dodge with the yellow T plates.

J
JeannaJigs
Sunday:

jhop111
Fished below on the trap side of the river. Found a decent stretch of good water a few feet wide that wasn't stained and fished it heavy. Went 2 for 3 and then got hung up. Spent a couple hours knocking down some nice spinners and jigs from the branches and went home with full pockets of goodies. Hoping I can sneek out thursday if work will let me.

S
Santiam338
Got to Whitaker this morning and there were so many boats I didn't think I could navigate through...LOL

Drove on down river a ways and pretty much floated all by myself...I finally did see one more boat but that was it...Went 3 for 4 today and I think we could of had the fourth,but my buddy beat it off at the boat with the net,,,I think he did it on purpose....

The river was a liitle higher than my liking,but who's complaining..

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Nicely done! I like your boat, its looking really good.

S
Santiam338
Nicely done! I like your boat, its looking really good.

Thanks...Its coming along...I just bought the trailer a couple weeks ago on consignment at Koffler...Now I have a "REAL" driftboat trailer insted of a modified lake boat piece of junk trailer...LOL ..Going to refinish the inside of the boat this spring...Slowly but surely I am getting there...

Probably wait till after the weekend to go back fishing...Maybe the crowds will have thinned out.. (NOT)

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ive never been on the Siuslaw, but I am excited to see the zoo at the Mill Creek put in on the Alsea in the morning.

J
JeannaJigs
Nice! The siuslaw on a "good day" (defined as every one and their mother chasing reports on the weekend) is way worse than mill creek. It's a shorter stretch Of water too. People ask me why I fish the alsea when the siuslaw is closer...I don't like playing bumper boats and angering bank anglers. I love the siuslaw though, might have to have a sudden 24 hour illness next week if it continues to drop....cough cough...yep I'm gettin sick. Midweek it'll be a horrible disease. Wont be able to work, i don't want my patients catching it ya know.

R
RunWithSasquatch
I know that illness... luckily im 3 minutes above the hatchery, and dont start work until 1:30 in the afternoon... so i dont catch it often.

R
rippin fish lips
Can you bank it at the rest area stops? This report makes me want to drive out there right now

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
would it be worth it to drive out there and try to get into some? im dying!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah it would. See above pictures. The rest area isn't stellar to fish, stagecoach road is though.