What yarn colors work best for you?

H
halibuthitman
it would be easy to do this.... without truely tying a glow bug or yarni-:D

A
autofisher
I'll see what I can do. It'll have to wait till after the Drift Off though. With a week left to go, it's getting hectic.

A
autofisher
they aren't tye dye but I did throw some together just using some scraps I had left over.

H
halibuthitman
autofisher said:
they aren't tye dye but I did throw some together just using some scraps I had left over.

you might have just invented the hatchery pellet fly!!!! I believe you are going to be rich!!!:shock: so does your yarn pull apart and seperate nicely? the hardest part of tying multi-colored eggs is getting the strands to pull apart and seperate nicely, I like sharp defined edges on the colors, not blended or running into each other.

A
autofisher
They pulled apart easily enough for me. These are just the quick tie balls using magic thread, not a fly tying kit or anything. I got bored last night and was trying to do something that wouldn't wake my son up.:lol:

H
halibuthitman
well if the water is clear on sat that yellow and red with a flat color like brown is probably gonna catch a fish. Red, yellow, and white mixed is a very good combo for gin clear water. Myself I could use some black, and some custard yellow, will you have some to sell on sat on the wilson....? I can dye white to the yellow I want.

A
autofisher
Yes sir, I'll be bringing my entire arsenal with me. Including some colors that I don't have on the website and a couple more that I'm trying to squeeze in before the event. Keyword is trying.

M
Mike123
Yentz said:
Hey folks, gonna place an order at Poptop, and I wanted to know what your go-to color tends to be. I know White and Pink are pretty standard, but any others that tend to work well?

Flame red mixed with an egg or peach color has always worked for me for winters. For Summers, I use straight egg color with white, bright pink and white, or sometimes just a chunk of light mint green yarn works well.(I've heard from a couple people now that have seen summer steelies eating moss off the top of the water!)

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
hot pink , bubble gum pink , peach , orange, white . mix up the colors , like orange/peach , hot pink/bubble gum , hot pink/white . use fat yarn always .corkie or jensen egg(which is not made anymore) also .