What type of braid Rapunzel?

C
colbypearson
JeannaJigs said:
Also you might try making your own bobber stops out of heavy mono. They don't slip at all when cinched down and don't abrade the line.

That's a really good tip, I make mono bobber stops for my weight when bass fishing.

& yes spiderwire sucks!

T
Tacomasteelheader
Power pro works great, check for frays like everyone else is saying that is the killer especially on rocks. And palamar knot only with braid and dont have it any other way!

now someone told me that stren had a great braid float line that he guides for steelhead with, now ive never heard anything about strens float line at all. So dont take any word from me to see if its good , just saying something passed around.

Only experience with stren was for plunking with 17 lb siege , never broke a fish besides at tyee park on that dam ledge. Haha

C
colbypearson
Tacomasteelheader said:
now someone told me that stren had a great braid float line that he guides for steelhead with, now ive never heard anything about strens float line at all. So dont take any word from me to see if its good , just saying something passed around.

Only experience with stren was for plunking with 17 lb siege , never broke a fish besides at tyee park on that dam ledge. Haha

Stren Siege? I believe Siege is a Sufix brand product.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
T
Tacomasteelheader
My bad i get stren and sufix mixed up. So i guess ive never used stren but hey they there supposed to have a killer float line.....

C
ChezJfrey
JeannaJigs said:
Also you might try making your own bobber stops out of heavy mono. They don't slip at all when cinched down and don't abrade the line.

Ha! I do that...but I thought it was because I was lazy and the heavy mono was a convenience thing for me, instead of 'fishing' around for those small little bobber stop threads. Who knew the real reason was because of my intuitive smartness about the abrasiveness thing? LOL

hobster
hobster
Another vote for power pro. Treated me great so far and i know some others real satisfied with it. Like Tacoma said palamar knot is the only way to go! Used to use uni and it failed.

B
Bgunder
If you have never tried nano-fil then try it and I promise you won't be dissapointed.

J
JeannaJigs
The problem with nanofil is its spinning reel specific, which is cool if you roll with a spinning set up but it's not casting reel friendly.

Reactions: n8r1