What to use in your brine

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice did you skin em? smoked trout is awesome. Just got the boat ready and heading out soon to try to get us 10 trout and try again tomorrow and try for a smoker full. Need to get the taste of gas out of my mouth. there has to be an easier way than syphoning to get gas from one can to another without spilling.

T
Throbbit _Shane
They still got theyre skin. I went out to applegate fri-sat-sun. got 4, 5, then 1 on sunday LOL. I think i prefer trout smoked then cooking it in the oven.

This week i need to try to get some steelhead :)

T
Thuggin4Life
After I started smoking trout if i don't get enough for the smoker i give em to my aunt.

M
metalfisher76
Mike123 said:
Brown sugar, whole ground peppercorn, teryaki marinade, worcestercire sauce, soy sauce, morton quick tender, garlic powder, onion salt, a bit of liquid smoke, splash of tobasco, water.

My dad used to make and sell jerkey... and if you'd try it, hands down the best jerkey known to man. The steelhead tastes kinda like it. :cool:

Can't tell you how much of what to add, or I'd have to kill ya. hahaha

Dangerously close to mine. I add chopped jalepeno, or hotter peppers from time to time. Honey`s good, maple syrup, red wine vinegor. It really, at some point, doesn`t matter what ya do, it`a brine, try it all.

M
Mike123
metalfisher76 said:
Dangerously close to mine. I add chopped jalepeno, or hotter peppers from time to time. Honey`s good, maple syrup, red wine vinegor. It really, at some point, doesn`t matter what ya do, it`a brine, try it all.

Nice! I've tried the wine.. it was ok, but I added too much.. next time I think a little Jack Daniels will have to go in! :D

M
metalfisher76
Mike123 said:
Nice! I've tried the wine.. it was ok, but I added too much.. next time I think a little Jack Daniels will have to go in! :D

Now we`re talkin

I
Ifishforfood
this is good info! today i just happened to brine my very first batch of trout, and was wondering how long to smoke it, or what to put in the brine. thanks for these great replies to throbbit_shane's questions! now i have an idea on how to smoke my trout.

D
dinghy
I skin my trout and brine 2 days. smoke 2 pans and 12 hours. A fish market man told me years ago that he brined his salmon for several days. so I tried my trout for 2 and it was great. I always taste as I'm mixing and adding my brine-I like more sweet than salty and lighty rinse fish after brine.

Last edited: